- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
About the role
Search is on for creative tech savvy Engineers to join Dyson’s global Test Development Team, in order to keep pace with Dyson’s ambition for incremental growth in product categories and product range in the coming years.
The right candidate can be excited with prospects of working closely across multi-disciplinary RDD hardware and software team to develop test methodologies for testing our state-of-the art robotics system. He/She will verify new technologies to ensure designs are robust to real world conditions and perform better than competition.
To do so, the candidate must be self-directed, comfortable working with ambiguity and be unafraid of getting his/her hands dirty.
- Design and develop test methodologies to address areas such as vision, sensors, behavior and usability at the product level.
- Acquire product test knowledge, quickly through product hands-on experience, to facilitate identification of verification areas, risk and scope improvements needed.
- Work across multi-disciplinary RDD teams to understand product requirements and performance.
- Create/Implement test automation practices and bring automation in line with existing functional test efforts.
- Contribute to team agile planning activities and prioritization / management as well as test engineering’s strategic automation planning and projects.
- Own actions to reduce test quality incidents and escapes into the field.
- Conduct first level of issue triage and add value to the defect management process.
- Work with other members of the test team to prioritize and plan test requirements.
- Drive improvement in the team quality, efficiency and effectiveness of test.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related discipline.
- Lead Test Development Engineer – > 8 year’s relevant experience
- Experienced interfacing with sensors, motors or batteries.
- Experienced in one or all of the following - LabVIEW, C/C++, Python or other programming languages.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience in writing test automation frameworks for integration and end-to-end testing is a plus.
- Familiarity with robotics, electro-mechanical or industrial automation is a plus.
- Deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment.
- Negotiate and influence cross-functional, cross-cultural teams without formal authority.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail at all times
- Exploring ways to improve and promote quality;
- Applies feedback to improve performance or monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Learning & Development: Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills with and are open to sharing expertise with others.
- Innovative - Displays ability to think out of the box, meeting challenges with resourcefulness, generating suggestions for improving work / developing innovative approaches & ideas and be able to present them in an “attractive” manner.
- Team Player - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibiting objectivity and openness in exchanging viewpoints with others, contributes to building a positive team spirit and places successes of the team above own interests.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.