- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
About the role:
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional and highly experienced professional to join our GPVT – Test Systems team, to manage the practical implementation of equipment safety compliance across all our inhouse made and modified test equipment. As part of the Global Product Verification and Test team, you will play an integral part in designing and maintaining safe and compliant Test Equipment, which is intrinsic to enabling the fast development of products, to allow us to produce products better than our competitors.
You will have significant experience of working in a compliant equipment design environment, ideally with a research and development focus. You will be familiar with most of the standard statutory requirements and regulations, for example:
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER)
- The Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations 2008
- The Low Voltage Directive
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER)
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH)
- Electricity at Work Regulations.
You will provide a central contact point for GPVT to support to the Dyson in achieving compliance across all of its test facilities, including deputising where required, to ensure that our equipment is safe. You will ensure good equipment design occurs from an early stage by ensuring design risk assessments are done promptly and involve the relevant technical experts. As a key contact for the categories and GPVT you will help monitor and track early stage rigs and support them transitioning into compliant equipment when ready.
- Work with external consultants to define and roll out a process, to ensure all new test equipment is compliant and audit this regularly to make sure it is being followed
- Work with the GPVT team, external providers and H&S to remediate existing test equipment bring each area up to compliance
- Work to make sure all rigs in GPTV to have an accessible Tech File, Risk Assessment, Maintenance Schedule and End of Life Plan.
- Bring in expertise of working in a compliant equipment design environment and share this knowledge to enhance the team’s understanding of UK machinery safety standards.
- Specify, design, build, and develop functional and compliant test equipment, automated test software framework, libraries and drivers, to enable the required testing.
- Ensure that Key Performance data is created and kept updated in a timely and accurate manner in order to track internally made and modified rigs and their compliance status.
- Author technical Guidance for the building of PUWER/UKCA compliant rigs and any other necessary Internal Rig build Standard Documents
- Support the role out of PUWER/UKCE compliance of internal rigs to the rest of Dyson and globally.
- Role model excellent communication skills working to strengthen connections between members of UK GPVT, SEA GPVT and NPI test teams to ensure testing rigs are designed with compliance in mind
- Key contact for the categories for accessing advice on machine safety compliance
- Work with other members of the test team to tweak processes in order to get a good balance between compliance and rapid development.
- Proactively get involved with NPI to support them and attend technical design reviews with new equipment requests to ensure safety is being considered from the start
- Fulfill any new activities that fall broadly into the role
- Work with minimum supervision and influence others in the test development function to support the development of a high-performance team.
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering, maths or science discipline.
- Experience designing and building bespoke and compliant test / special purpose machinery in one or all the following areas; electrical, electronic or mechanical
- Good understanding of standard test procedures and equipment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and provide clear advice and guidance to a diverse audience
- Demonstrable experience of working independently and as part of a team
- Highly organised, with a consistent yet pragmatic approach to process implementation
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to work independently
- Experience authoring technical and process documentation
- Can do attitude, with a proactive and solutions orientated approach.
- Resourceful, energetic and motivated
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.