- Product Design
- Hullavington - United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
The NPI Creative team is specifically responsible for all creative and graphics for ‘User Interfaces’ (for on-product screens and the Dyson Link app), Physical ‘On-Product branding and Graphics’ and the ‘Out of Box Experience’. The NPI Creative team create UI concepts for all on-product screens and apps that strengthen the user interaction of our technology – setting us apart from the competition.
About the role
You’ll take product features and behaviours from the earliest point in a products genesis and develop the creative direction to produce intuitive, informative and elegant user interfaces and interactions for our latest technologies. Constantly looking for opportunities to exploit performance superiority, you’ll translate this into concepts for truly inspiring, friction-less product experiences used by millions of customers world-wide. You will report into the NPI Creative Director and work closely with HMI and Connected teams.
- Interrogating and interpreting product features and behaviours to guide the direction of the creative. Responsibility for ensuring consistency of graphic language and creative execution across all product touchpoints.
- The ability to understand data and insights and how to use these to inform your creative work.
- Collaboration with Commercial to build an understanding of the commercial drivers that contribute to our creative solutions.
- Build a full understanding of our various markets around the world, their cultural nuances and consumer trends and habits.
- Have a thorough and constantly up-to-date knowledge of our competitors and their activity and use this knowledge to ensure that Dyson products cut through the noise and stand us apart.
- Taking a lead role in group brainstorming sessions to provide enthusiasm and direction. Motivating and inspiring the other creatives in the team.
- Hands-on graphic design work and detailed execution for a range of outputs, including on-product screens and graphics, product apps and out-of-box/first use collateral and content.
- Guardianship of brand expression and the proper use of visual identity in all executions.
- Arrange and lead review sessions to ensure that work stays on the rails, is creatively excellent and answers the brief.
- Confidently presenting your work with clarity to stakeholders at all levels, underpinned by sound strategic rationale to support your creative proposition.
- Though you’ll likely have trained as a graphic designer, you’re a creative first and foremost – you’re all about ideas. As such, you’ll be as at home with paper and pencil as you are with mouse and screen – able to quickly and intelligently articulate your ideas with sketches and scribbles - You’re a big picture thinker.
- Once your thinking is developed and direction agreed, you’ll be able to utilise your inherent understanding of composition, animation, typography and colour to create visual coherence, emphasis and hierarchy to produce beautifully crafted UI design.
- A true ‘visual’ communicator, you’re excited by all things art and design and you find inspiration from a wide range of sources, utilising found images, mocked-up imagery and film, and mood boards to support your thinking and add weight to your ideas.
- You’re a natural leader in group brainstorms and comfortable expressing your ideas, either informally, or in more formal presentations, both to peers and senior stakeholders.
- You’re experienced in working with copywriters, photographers and filmmakers with the ability to direct their work to ensure the results you need.
- All of this will be demonstrable through an excellent portfolio of past work gained over years working with leading or interesting brands either as part of an agency or in-house team. You will have a portfolio of work representing a varied range of graphic design projects.
- Ideally you will have had experience designing interfaces for mobile and wearable devices.
- Finally, you are confident at presenting your designs to, and receiving feedback from Exec and Senior level.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.