- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Over the last 18 months Dyson has transformed its approach to learning by investing in digital learning solutions. We’re now at an exciting time where we are expanding our internal Learning Design Studio and are looking for a Learning Designer. You will have already earned your stripes as a learning designer in the digital learning world. You relish opportunities to identify and clarify requirements and love shaping creative and engaging learning experiences utilising different learning approaches.
Working across the business as part of the Digital Learning Team, the Learning Designer is responsible for applying instructional design and development principles to produce effective, engaging and innovative learning solutions. As a subject matter expert, you will advise training teams on the design of online learning content within Dyson as well as designing, developing and building content campaigns.
You’ll work with stakeholders from across Dyson at every stage of the development process. As well as developing innovative experiences you’ll take a lead on engaging people towards self-directed learning, enhancing our learning culture.
About the role
• Build compelling end to end learning experiences by creating engaging digital learning experiences for stakeholders across the organisation.
• Support stakeholders through the learning lifecycle including root cause analysis, designing and developing learning interventions and supporting campaign launches.
• Partner with functional learning teams in creating digital learning utilising authoring tools
• Provide advice on elements of UX design.
• Analyse and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design
• Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
• Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc)
• Work closely with Dysons internal brand team on content creation
• Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
• Lead on engagement activities to promote the use of digital learning across Dyson.
About you• Previous experience in learning experience design
• In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
• Lesson and curriculum planning skills
• Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
• Visual design skills
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel and Visio
• Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
• Strong project management skills
• Technical Aptitude; Ability to comprehend complex topics /specialized information and simplify for learners
Benefits• 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Performance related bonus
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
• Sport centre
• Free on-site parking
• Subsidised café and restaurants
• Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.