Our global reputation is priceless and it always hangs on what we do next. Dyson is a unique technology enterprise. We pioneer. Our biggest category today didn’t even exist a few years ago. Our next biggest category? That could be where you come in.
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore, first. It transforms every category it enters with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different.
Dyson is rapidly expanding in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next five years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. By 2025, there will be a multitude of new machines, new product portfolios and Dyson’s headcount will have grown.
About the role
Over the last 18 months Dyson has transformed its approach to learning by investing in digital learning solutions. We’re now at an exciting time where we are expanding our internal Learning Design Studio and are looking for a Learning Experience Designer. You will have already earned your stripes as a learning designer in the digital learning world and have designed engaging and innovative learning experiences.
Working across the business as part of the Digital Learning Team, the Learning Experience Designer is responsible for the overall learning experience of global programmes. Working across the full learning lifecycle you will act as internal consultant on all things learning experience. This includes advising learning teams on the design and delivery of learning within Dyson as well as designing, developing and building campaigns and evaluation strategies.
You’ll work with stakeholders from across Dyson at every stage of the development process. As well as developing innovative experiences you’ll take a lead on engaging people towards self-directed learning and enhancing our learning culture.
* As the Learning Experience Designer you will take ownership of the learning experience and design for global programmes across the Global Talent CoE including management and leadership development, talent development & enterprise wide learning interventions.
* Design and Delivery of Learning Experiences
* Partner with stakeholders within the Global Learning CoE and across Dyson to build compelling end to end learning experiences
* Lead on the design and development of enterprise wide learning programmes.
* Interacting and partnering with external training providers and learning design firms to be able to engage with to deliver learning journeys
* Partner with stakeholders throughout the learning lifecycle including conducting needs analysis, designing and developing learning interventions, advise on socialising solutions.
* Design and Develop engaging learning resources including webinars, virtual classrooms, e-learning, animations, videos, podcasts and playbooks.
Culture & Metrics
* Take lead on setting up learning effectiveness and engagement metrics and dashboards and leading review processes with key stakeholders to track progress and course-corrections
* Analyse needs and apply trends and best practices in learning design, learning theory and learning technologies to move the culture of learning at Dyson.
* Provide advice on elements of UX design.
* Lead on engagement activities to promote a self-directed learning culture.
* Partner with functional learning teams in creating digital learning utilising Articulate authoring tools as well as utilising other learning methodologies to achieve their aims.
* Experience creating learning experiences using Articulate 360, audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc
* Previous experience in learning experience design including an in-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
* Global exposure and experience of implementing learning modules or journeys in multi-country organisations.
* Visual design skills
* Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
* Strong project management skills
* Technical Aptitude; Ability to comprehend complex topics /specialized information and simplify for learners
* Builds effective business relationships
* Able to effectively coach and advise others.
* Highly motivated, eager to make a difference in the learning process
* Preference for candidates working in fast-paced, entrepreneurial, tech or consumer focused organizations
* 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
* Pension scheme
* Performance related bonus
* Private medical insurance
* Life assurance
* Sport centre
* Free on-site parking
* Subsidised café and restaurants
* Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us