- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
The Dyson Institute is building a world class teaching department, to develop the engineering leaders of the future. We are searching for a talented Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer in control systems and robotics, to join our emerging academic establishment. This is an opportunity to provide excellent teaching and learning opportunities for small classes in great facilities - all while benefitting from the support, resources, and industrial expertise of a Global Technology company.
About the role
- As a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in control systems and robotics, you will contribute to the design and development of our Electrical/Electronics provision, meeting appropriate QA standards and ensuring that it remains relevant to the future of engineering.
- You will identify, define, and undertake teaching, learning and assessment activities at the Undergraduate and/or Postgraduate levels, in line with our teaching delivery strategy. You will contribute to the planning of these activities.
- You will engage in industry, subject and/or pedagogic research and continuing professional development.
- Working with Dyson line managers, you will support with the development of training and projects that support and apply the learning from the academic course.
- You’ll support and comply with The Dyson Institute’s quality assurance standards and procedures.
- With a focus on our people, you will provide the correct level of pastoral support for the undergraduate population.
- As a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer you will be able to demonstrate excellence in teaching and assessment at Higher Education level.
- You will have a proven track record in delivering and developing best in class academic curriculum.
- You will also be able to demonstrate a good understanding of quality processes within higher education.
- You will possess a good breadth and depth of specialist knowledge in the discipline.
- You’ll join us with a postgraduate qualification, and ideally a PhD in a related discipline.
- With a focus on continuous improvement, you will demonstrate a passion for the mentoring and development of people.
- You will possess Fellowship of the HEA, or be willing to submit an application within two years of appointment.
- Salary at above the national salary scale
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Company bonus
- Pension scheme
- Medical and dental cover
- Life assurance
- Discount on Dyson machines
- Subsidized café and restaurants at Dyson Malmesbury campus
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.