- Salary at above the national salary scale for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer
- The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Dyson Institute was awarded New Degree Awarding Powers in October 2020, and its first independent cohort will enrol in September 2021. As one of The Dyson Institute’s Lecturers, you will have the unique opportunity to launch a Higher Education institution unlike any other.
About the roleAs a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Computer Science, specialising in software development, you will contribute to the design and development of our Computer Science provision, meeting appropriate QA standards and ensuring that it remains relevant to the future of engineering.
- You will identify, define and undertake teaching, learning and assessment activities at the Undergraduate and/or Postgraduate levels, in line with our teaching delivery strategy. You will contribute to the planning of these activities, and as a Senior Lecturer you will oversee measures to sustain the delivery of high quality teaching.
- You will engage in industry, subject and/or pedagogic research and continuing professional development.
- Working with Dyson line managers, you will support with the development of training and projects that support and apply the learning from the academic course.
- You’ll support, define and comply with The Dyson Institute’s quality assurance standards and procedures.
- With a focus on our people, you will provide the correct level of pastoral support for the undergraduate population.
- In addition, as a Senior Lecturer, you will lead other academics in the delivery, development and quality assurance of modules, and will supervise student projects. You may also act as an External Examiner at other HEIs.
- As a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer you will be able to demonstrate excellence in teaching and assessment at Higher Education level.
- You will have a proven track record in delivering and developing best in class academic curriculum.
- You will also be able to demonstrate a good understanding of quality processes within higher education.
- You will possess a good breadth and depth of specialist knowledge in the discipline.
- To be considered for a Senior Lecturer role, you should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the industry application of your subject specialism, and have evidence of module and ideally programme development activities.
- You’ll join us with a postgraduate qualification, and ideally a PhD in a related discipline.
- With a focus on continuous improvement, you will demonstrate a passion for the mentoring and development of people.
- You will possess Fellowship of the HEA, or be willing to submit an application within two years of appointment.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.