- Shanghai - China
Legal counsel is required to support Dyson’s global Legal Compliance and Ethics function in Greater China. This relatively young function has a clear vision - “A global compliance and ethics function focused on empowering Dyson and its people to do the right thing while enabling robust and sustainable business growth” - we need you to help us achieve this vision.
About the roleThis role requires a bright, tenacious and pro-active individual to support Dyson’s global Legal Compliance and Ethics function within Greater China, and provide the business with advice in respect of legal compliance and ethics risk areas. This is a role that provides an excellent opportunity to develop your skills, manage legal risks in a key region for Dyson, and make a real contribution as part of a dynamic, global and passionate team.
What we will need you to do:
- Collaborate with the Head of Legal Compliance and Ethics and the functional team to engineer and implement effective strategies to achieve our vision.
- Build strong relationships with all functions across the Greater China region and at Group.
- Support and conduct internal investigations.
- Provide expert and solution-focused advice across the range of compliance and ethics risk areas, helping the business to navigate complex issues and do the right thing.
- Provide input into the creation of policies, procedures and guidance and a governance structure for their creation.
- Devise and deliver Legal Compliance and Ethics learning, working with Dyson Legal’s People Development Partner.
- Maintain an up to date and comprehensive knowledge of developments within the legal compliance and ethics risk areas.
- Manage external counsel where appropriate, ensuring compliance with Dyson’s cost management processes.
- Travel within the Greater China region, and to other regions according to business need.
- A demonstrable commitment to professionalism, pride and integrity in all aspects of your work.
- The ability to communicate in a business environment in Mandarin Chinese.
- A passion for legal compliance and ethics.
- A good understanding of legal compliance and ethics risk areas.
- Intellectual agility and confidence to learn quickly on the job, and to deal with issues outside your current experience and skill set.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Evidence of being a self-starter who is good at identifying problems and proactively remedying them.
- Confidence to work autonomously.
- Courage to challenge individuals irrespective of seniority.
- Experience of working within a global legal team.
- Experience of leading compliance and ethics investigations.
- Excellent awareness of the role and position of a compliance and ethics function within a multi-national business.
- Previous involvement with project and change management.
- Experience creating policies, procedures and guidance, and building governance structures for their creation.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following risk areas:
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- Sanctions and Trade Controls
- Data Protection and Privacy
20 days annual leave
Performance related bonus
Additional medical insurance
Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.