- Regulatory and Compliance
- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
Legal counsel is required to support Dyson’s global Legal Compliance and Ethics function in the Americas. This relatively young function has a clear vision - “A global compliance and ethics function focused on empowering Dyson and its people to do the right thing while enabling robust and sustainable business growth” - we need you to help us achieve this vision.
About the role:
This role requires a bright, tenacious and pro-active individual to support Dyson’s global Legal Compliance and Ethics function within the Americas region, and provide the business with advice in respect of legal compliance and ethics risk areas. This is a role that provides an excellent opportunity to develop your skills, manage legal risks in a key region for Dyson, and make a real contribution as part of a dynamic, global and passionate team.
- Collaborate with the Head of Legal Compliance and Ethics and the functional team to engineer and implement effective strategies to achieve our vision.
- Build strong relationships with all functions across the Americas region and at Group.
- Support and conduct internal investigations.
- Provide solution-focused advice across the range of compliance and ethics risk areas, helping the business to navigate complex issues and do the right thing.
- Provide input into the creation of policies, procedures and guidance
- Devise and deliver Legal Compliance and Ethics learning, working with Dyson’s Learning team.
- Maintain an up to date and comprehensive knowledge of developments within the legal compliance and ethics risk areas.
- Manage external counsel where appropriate, ensuring compliance with Dyson’s cost management processes.
- Travel within the Americas region, and to other regions according to business need.
- A demonstrable commitment to professionalism, pride and integrity in all aspects of your work.
- A passion for legal compliance and ethics.
- A good understanding of legal compliance and ethics risk areas.
- Intellectual agility and confidence to learn quickly on the job, and to deal with issues outside your current experience and skill set.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Evidence of being a self-starter who is good at identifying problems and proactively remedying them.
- Confidence to work autonomously.
- Courage to challenge individuals irrespective of seniority.
It would be helpful if you also had some of these:
- Experience of working within a global legal team.
- Experience of conducting compliance and ethics investigations.
- Awareness of the role and position of a compliance and ethics function within a multi-national business.
- Experience creating policies, procedures and guidance
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following risk areas: Anti-Bribery and Corruption; Competition/Anti-Trust; Sanctions and Trade Controls; Data Protection and Privacy
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.