- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology company with a turnover in excess of $3.5bn and a global workforce of over 14,000. We invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market.
Our Group Operations and Projects Legal team provides legal support across three core areas of Dyson’s business – (1) Group Functions; (2) Research, Design and Development; and (3) New Product Regulation.
This role is to act as Legal Counsel providing commercial and contractual legal support to Dyson’s group functions. Our group functions manage the infrastructure and services that are deployed across Dyson’s global business to enable us to operate effectively. They span a broad range of business areas, such as IT, Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, Retail, Logistics and Facilities. You’ll be based at our technology campus in Malmesbury and form part of a dynamic, ambitious and welcoming legal team committed to enabling Dyson’s continued commercial success. Whilst the role is focused on Dyson’s group functions, from time to time you may also have the opportunity to work with other members of the Group Operations and Projects team on research & development and product-related matters.
This role provides a great opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of business areas across Dyson and provide support on commercial and contractual matters that are engaging, challenging and have a real value to Dyson. Working alongside our Senior Legal Counsel for Group Functions, you’ll be given the autonomy to develop your skills and progress your career with us whilst at the same time benefitting from the support of the more experienced members of the Group Operations and Projects Legal team.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders in Dyson's group functions, Procurement team, and our wider Legal team (such as IP, Privacy and Compliance teams);
- Provide expert, ethical and pragmatic advice and support on commercial and contractual issues across the business, helping the business navigate complex issues that span our global operations;
- Draft, negotiate and advise stakeholders on the terms of contracts with Dyson's suppliers - including contracts for the procurement of high value goods and services, global framework agreements and outsourcing contracts;
- Support tender processes across the business;
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to provide commercial and contractual legal support on major improvement and transformation projects within Dyson;
- Liaise with and manage the use of external legal counsel where necessary;
- Provide input into Dyson's policies and processes and help to maintain precedent documents;
- Help to deliver relevant legal training programmes and pro-actively identify new topics that merit training;
- Maintain an up to date and comprehensive knowledge of developments in the relevant areas of law and contribute to the Legal team's sharing of know-how and legal updates;
- Handle contract disputes with third parties.
- At least one year's post-qualification experience in a commercial role
- A solid background in contract law and an ability to apply that knowledge in a practical and pragmatic way
- Strong drafting skills and extensive experience of contract negotiation
- Commercial awareness and the ability to actively contribute to key business decisions
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the business, building effective relationships and earning credibility across the business
- An understanding of the role of a legal team in a large business
- An appetite to learn new skills and the versatility and technical ability to deal wit issues outside of your experience and learn quickly on the job
- Ability to work with a limited level of supervision in an exciting, fast-paced, and constantly evolving but supportive environment
- The confidence and gravitas to challenge decisions and actions when required
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines