- € Confidential
- Paris - France
To act as an in-house commercial lawyer as part of an active and engaged global legal team committed to enabling Dyson’s continued commercial success. Whilst the role is located in Dyson’s Paris office, this role is to provide support to our French, Italian and Spanish teams as part of our wider European legal team.
About the role
- providing support on legal issues across the business (including digital, commercial, competition, marketing, sales area), with a particular emphasis on retailer and supplier contracts;
- drafting and negotiating contracts with suppliers and customers;
- monitoring selective distribution enforcement/compliance;
- reviewing marketing claims for print and television to analyse the risk of legal challenge, including assessing scientific evidence for the support of claims;
- handling advertising disputes (for and against the business);
- providing advice and support on consumer related issues and regulatory matters; and
- conducting training for the business on distribution, competition and commercial law
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3-4 years post qualification experience in a commercial role. The ideal candidate will:
- have a solid background in commercial and distribution law and an ability to apply that knowledge in a practical and pragmatic way;
- have strong drafting skills and extensive experience of contract negotiation;
- have good awareness of the role of the legal function in a large business and have the ability to contribute actively in the taking of key business decisions;
- have an appetite to learn new skills and the versatility and technical ability to deal with issues outside of their experience and learn quickly on the job;
- be able to work with a minimum level of supervision in a fast paced, constantly changing but supportive environment;
- have experience or interest in design and engineering and an aptitude to learn to understand technical discussions;
- be prepared to travel on a monthly basis;
- have the confidence and gravitas to challenge decisions and actions when required;
- be a fluent English speaker (Italian is a plus); and
- be a skilled communicator and capable of interacting with the business at all levels, to build effective relationships and earn credibility across the business.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.