- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
About the role
Our Legal and IP teams protect our profit and keep us competitive by ensuring our technology stays unique for as long as possible. They work directly with our engineers who invent the technology and our commercial team who develop the messaging, to create and defend the most compelling performance claims in each market.
As a Legal Counsel in our Product Litigation, Claims and Regulatory team within our global IP and Product Strategy function you’ll be based at our state-of-the-art technology campus in Malmesbury.
You’ll be joining a dynamic, global legal team who provide legal advice on all areas of product and advertising regulation and litigation, working with stakeholders in our Commercial, PR and Research & Development teams around the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to work and collaborate across international markets, to support our new product development, through to launch, by advising on all legal risks relevant to global product regulation/compliance, safety requirements and advertising claims and campaigns.
You’ll be a qualified Solicitor, minimum 2 years PQE, in a commercial and/or litigation role with a product and/or advertising focus. With your background in product/advertising-related commercial law and litigation you’ll be a skilled communicator who can apply this knowledge in a practical, pragmatic, clear and concise way and tailor your advice to a diverse, global audience.
This is a varied, hands-on and unique role with very interesting, global work so you’ll need to be highly commercial, dynamic, innovative and able to challenge the status quo. You’ll be advising on large, high-profile projects and campaigns involving exciting, cutting-edge technology so thinking on your feet, managing stakeholders and driving change will be key.
Previous in-house experience will be an advantage but is not essential.
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free bus (coach) travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham and Swindon
- 27 days’ holiday (plus public holidays)
- Ability to purchase additional holidays
- Free parking on-site
- On-site hair salon, sports centre and gym – all free
- Free lunch and free, (unlimited) hot drinks and fruit
- Free on-site Lifestyle Assist service (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
Health & Wellbeing
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Assessments
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free GP service (both on-site and digital)
- Free gym, fitness classes and wellbeing centre on-site
- Fertility treatment and menopause support
Please note - we do not offer hybrid/remote working for this role.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.