- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleThis role requires a bright, tenacious and pro-active individual to support Dyson’s global Legal Compliance and Ethics function within EMEA, and provide the business with advice in respect of legal compliance and ethics risk areas. This is a role that provides an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and make a real contribution as part of a dynamic, global and passionate team.
We are open to this role being performed by a Legal Counsel or Senior Legal Counsel. More junior applicants are encouraged to apply.
What we will need you to do:
- Collaborate with the Head of Legal Compliance and Ethics and the functional team to engineer and implement effective strategies to achieve our vision.
- Build strong relationships with all functions across the EMEA region and at Group.
- Support and conduct legal compliance and ethics investigations.
- Provide expert and solution-focused advice across the range of compliance and ethics risk areas, helping the business to navigate complex issues and do the right thing.
- Provide input into the creation of policies, procedures and guidance and a governance structure for their creation.
- Devise and deliver Legal Compliance and Ethics learning, working with Dyson Legal’s People Development Partner.
- Maintain an up to date and comprehensive knowledge of developments within the legal compliance and ethics risk areas.
- Manage external counsel where appropriate, ensuring compliance with Dyson’s cost management processes.
- Travel within the EMEA region, and to other regions according to business need
About youThis is what we need you to have:
- A passion for and a good understanding of legal compliance and ethics.
- A demonstrable commitment to professionalism, pride and integrity in all aspects of your work.
- Intellectual agility and confidence to learn quickly on the job and therefore deal with issues outside your current experience and skill set.
- Experience of leading compliance and ethics investigations.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following risk areas:
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- Sanctions and Trade Controls
- Data Protection and Privacy
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work effectively in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Evidence of being a self-starter who is good at identifying problems and proactively remedying them.
- Confidence to work autonomously.
- Courage to challenge individuals irrespective of seniority.
- Experience of working within a global legal team.
- The ability to communicate in a business environment in French, German and/or Spanish.
- Excellent awareness of the role and position of a compliance and ethics function within a multi-national business.
- Previous involvement with project and change management.
- Experience creating policies, procedures and guidance, and building governance structures for their creation.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.