- Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
- Chicago - USA
This Legal Specialist position will be dedicated to providing day-to-day support on a number of litigation and employment matters, competitor challenges, investigations, pricing policy compliance, and general project advancement. This position will afford invaluable experience and exposure to an array of legal issues and the opportunity to develop professionally within a fast-paced and dynamic organization.
- Under the direction of the Legal Projects Manager, serve as a liaison between internal business clients and external outside counsel on a variety of strategic projects and assignments
- Own and drive projects through to completion – collaborating with internal stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely execution
- Conduct research as needed on a variety of legal and non-legal issues, including antitrust laws and litigation practices
- Assist in executing trainings and presentations on relevant legal updates
- Coordinate support for all lawsuits, competitor challenges, employment matters, and internal investigations
- Assist outside counsel and Legal team with any support needed to file responsive pleadings or prepare for presentations
- Oversee document collection and general discovery for litigation and other legal matters.
- Bachelor’s degree, or paralegal certificate required;
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience as a paralegal in corporate legal department or related legal support role preferred;
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required;
- SharePoint and Relativity proficiency preferred;
- Ability to maintain highest levels of confidentiality;
- An ardent problem solver with an eye towards detail;
- Proactive and able to anticipate needs based on changing circumstances;
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with an enthusiastic, high energy personality;
- Must be adaptable to a fast paced and changing environment and departments;
- Ability to foresee and react to department needs to help improve its function; and
- Team player – willing to roll up sleeves and drive action to achieve results.
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.