- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Linux Architect- Linux SME
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Digital Workplace Services team
The Digital Workplace Services Team in which this role is aligned exist to:
Deliver world class Service Desk, End User Computing, Collaboration, Legal, Payroll, Dyson Institute, Estates, Group Security and HR IT Services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users)
- Ensure ITIL aligned governance and standards are followed
- Drive continual improvement into the Digital Workplace services space in line with Dyson’s growth
- Deliver a roadmap for all Digital Work place services to drive transformation required to support Dyson’s blueprint
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the business, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
Reporting to the Head of End User Computing Manager, you will be responsible for the end to end architectural ownership of all aspects of Linux User End Points (builds, patching, application deployments, hardware selection etc). You will define and support the implementation of the Linux end user roadmap that delivers in line with the needs of Dyson’s World Class Linux Centre of Excellence. You will be the ultimate service owner of the Linux estate.
Additional hours and on call as required to fulfil duties
You will be responsible for:
- Owning, defining and delivering the Linux roadmap in line with Dyson’s Linux Centre of Excellence requirements for short, medium and long term needs.
- Creating high level designs compliant to Dyson’s Enterprise Architecture Practice
- Provide architectural oversight of all aspects of the Linux service for Dyson
- Work closely with Dyson’s Linux technical teams in Research and Development to ensure that roadmap and technical delivery aligns to their requirements
- Reviewing the Linux technical designs and recommendations from our EUC partner(s)/internal teams
- Where applicable creating Linux technical designs and provide architectural solutions
- Implement solution designs and be able to guide extended teams during the development and deployment of solutions into day to day operations.
- Complete technical delivery ownership of solutions
- Ensuring that Dyson’s Linux service offering remains fit for purpose, secure and compliant
- Delivering related technology showcases to Dyson
- Assisting with the preparation of business cases for Linux related projects
- Participation in and compliance with Dyson’s architectural governance process
- Define, implement and communicate a global Linux strategy for Dyson and ensure that it remains current and fit for purpose
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in Linux end point and management capabilities and roadmap.
- Ensure that all the Linux designs are created within the bounds of Dyson’s policies and any global legislative compliance e.g. GDPR, PCI, local laws etc
- Identify and effectively manage Linux risks and issues
Person specification / Core Competencies:
You must possess strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with key business stakeholders up to director level. You will also possess strong IT third party management skills. You must demonstrate strong leadership qualities and be-able to manage teams across the globe.
- Strong Architecture experience of Linux end user services and management tools
- - Experience of Linux deployment tools and patching tools and methods e.g. Landscape, MAS etc
- Strong environment management
- Experience in the Ubuntu distribution of Linux
- Experience in configuring & monitoring different attributes and handling scale up and scale down scenarios
- Strong organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and strong delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity
- Advanced problem-solving experience involving identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project and operational issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making
- Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and director level management, including presenting information in a concise and effective manner to management, and various departments using assorted communication methods
- Strong research skills
- A professional who can provide examples of transforming end user computing services within a global company
- A natural problem solver
- Ability to set and effectively communicate end user computing strategies, roadmaps, policies and processes
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred or equivalent role experience. Professional Linux based qualifications e.g. Linux Professional Institute, CompTIA Linux
# LI Dyson
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.