- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson Global Logistics is looking for an extraordinary Logistics Manager to join our team, reporting directly into the Senior Logistics Manager responsible for freight and transport. The Logistics Freight and Transport Manger is a key role in the global logistics organisation linking the global logistics function and the intra-regional logistics teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for the orchestration and management of 3PLs activities and performance.
About the role
Responsibilities of the Role
- Works with peers for the effective management of transportation of inventory that meet both service and cost objectives, whilst increasing agility.
- Implementation of global logistics strategies into scalable business-as-usual models that optimize efficiencies.
- Manage 3PL partners and ensuring the delivery of a comprehensive 3PL engagement plan that encompasses global and regional freight and transportation activity.
- Is responsible for the management and reporting of inventory in transit control from source to delivery.
- Works in partnership and collaboration with indirect procurement to agree the best commercial propositions, including identifying opportunities for service excellence, continuous improvement and the application of innovation.
- Implementation of the global 3PL segmentation strategy and sets, governs and deploys effective governance models relating to freight and transport logistics.
- Works closely with intra-regional logistics leadership teams to understand the need for local customization of globally agreed operating standards, refining as appropriate, including the administrative control and information flow.
- Represents and contributes on behalf of the global logistics function as a workstream owner of new projects and initiatives.
- Supports best-practice promotion and collaboration with cross-regional teams to adopt value-add practices to constantly drive business process improvement.
- Responsible for the delivery of cost-to-serve to budget initiatives and maintain accurate actual and forecasted cost management.
Deliverables of the Role
- Build a high-performing and collaborative culture between cross-regional logistics teams and 3PLs.
- Manages and oversees the deployment of efficient procedures and processes for effective logistics planning and execution.
- Effectively governs, manages and utilises short and long-term capacity planning efforts to deliver accurate and reliable weekly capacity and load planning.
- Mitigates risks associated with missed sailings, cargo roll and / or congestions that prolong inventory in transit and cost.
- Ensure all 3PL partners comply with Dyson governance standards that meet visibility, service, and cost requirements.
- Manages the execution of the export / import security and compliance requirements.
- Ensures efficient and effective collaboration between global, intra-regional and 3PL logistics partners.
- Works with intra-regional logistics leads to understand, implement and monitor strategic and priority stock to mitigate customer supply disruptions and service penalties.
- Works with intra-regional logistics leads to proactively manage inbound receipt, avoiding costs associated with detention & demurrage.
- Monitors global standard KPIs that measure and track logistics performance, working in close collaboration with Dyson Logistics Performance management to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensures stakeholder alignment, documents and controls global freight and transport process and procedures, including intra-regional nuances for inbound logistics.
- Ensures alignment from global 3PL service providers on standards and operating procedures from the point of selection.
- Supports in the modification of a global standard process that meets localised logistics needs for each region.
- Day to day execution of the logistics services that fall within inbound logistics span of control to the agreed performance standards
- Collaborates with and represents intra-regional logistics nuanced needs
Key Stakeholder Interfaces for the Role
- Logistics Operations and Excellence
- Logistics Operations
- Intra-regional Logistics
- Indirect Procurement
- Customs and Compliance
Critical Behaviours for the Role
Leadership: Confidence and commitment to delivering the strategic vision and promotes the interests of the logistics organization.
Impact and influence: Develops and maintains effective and collaborative relationships (internal & external) to facilitate change and ensure cohesion across the network. Able to promote and secure stakeholder buy-in.
Interpersonal effectiveness: Is sensitive to different points of view and seeks to understand and resolve conflicts / issues in a constructive manner swiftly. Able to operate effectively and comfortably in a multi-cultural and global environment. Is able to give direction and support in a respectful and polite manner.
Flexibility: Deals effectively with uncertainty, ambiguity and a changing environment.
Skills and Knowledge Required for the Role
- Ability to effectively work with diverse teams cross-geographically.
- Knowledge and experience of regional and international shipping and associated regulatory requirements (including safety, security and import / export compliance law).
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills including the ability to evaluate complex supply chain solutions and articulate these in an understandable way.
- Excellent knowledge of the end-to-end supply chain, with a clarity for understanding the importance and interdependencies associated with each stage of the process — Plan, Source, Make, Deliver.
- Ability to articulate the vision and roadmap to 3PL partners including the prioritization of tasks, allocation of resources and discouraging activities which are not aligned with the vision.
- Excellent knowledge of the 3PL market and community including emerging 3PL service providers and associated trends.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- 5+ years' operational logistics experience in relevant industries.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English.
- Ability to travel at short notice.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.