- Supply Chain and Logistics
- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with an additional office in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Stores across the country.
About the role:
Logistics supports the organization through detailed logistical analysis and reporting. It is the role of the Logistics function to ensure customer logistical compliance, provide operational support to Dyson’s third-party logistics providers, and to provide support for our customers, and our warehouses. This position is responsible for following and steering all ocean and air container shipments from Asia to the Americas in cooperation with Group Logistics, Supply Planning, Dyson’s Contract Manufacturers Dyson’s 3rd party warehouses. Inbound Logistics will monitor the customs clearance process and track and trace shipments from overseas to the final locations within the Americas.
- On-time and cost-efficient movements of ocean containers and air freight from Dyson’s contract manufacturers to Dyson's 3rd party warehouses and customers
- Monitor and report Dyson’s performance against KPIs
- Work with our customs broker to ensure customs compliance
- Track & trace inbound shipments and proactively follow up as required to ensure desired service results
- Communicate late deliveries and update delivery schedule accordingly
- Manage shipment exceptions, shipment prioritization and expedited shipments
- Lead projects as assigned - examples include direct container deliveries and software to improve visibility
- Be available after hours and weekends to provide logistics coverage in case of service issues
- Audit logistics reports for validity and reasonableness; identify potential problems and proactively formulate solutions
- Analyze and summarize logistics, operations, and freight costs; investigate and report what’s driving any significant variances to budget
- Work with the third-party auditor and reviewing invoices for validity, disputing charges where necessary and submitting invoices for payment within agreed upon time frame.
- Providing a high level of service to customers under all market conditions while maintaining logistics costs at a reasonable level - balancing service and cost.
- Ability to operate and multi-task in high pressure, time sensitive situations
- Work with internal and external customers to ensure optimal outbound logistics by establishing a proactive problem-solving process
- Effective shipment follow-up and expediting
- Create an environment of continuous improvement by measuring performance of suppliers
- 1-2 years of international logistics and trade compliance in consumer products
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong computer skills, including MS excel, SAP and reporting tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Supply Chain Management
- Knowledge Related to Relevant IT Tools
- Logistics Understanding
- Vendor / Supplier Management
- Capacity Planning and Management
- Supply Performance Measurements and Balance
- Supply chain understanding
- Ability to work both as an individual and in a team environment to resolve issues
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, and multi-task
- User testing for systems
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.