- Project Management, Supply Chain and Logistics
- Singapore - Singapore
The Global Logistics team and Integrated Business Planning (IBP) team is responsible for organization and implementation of a complex supply chain operation in Dyson. We plan, implement and control the efficient flow and storage of goods, services, and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet our customer's requirements.
About the role
We are looking for graduates to join either one of the teams below:
1) Global Spare & Accessories Planning team
Reporting to the Global Planning Lead, the selected candidate will oversee the end-to-end supply chain demand for spare and accessories to optimize the supply chain in regards to demand forecast accuracy and inventory. This role will work closely with Dyson manufacturing, Markets and operations function globally. Some of your tasks could include:
Support the deployment of statistical forecasting for the markets
Support data analytics for statistical forecasting in defining/adjusting to the right modelling as well as reviewing and study the results with recommendations to drive the right actions for improvement of demand accuracy with demand sensing capabilities
Identification of the Spares Critical Parts (eg. Critical Parts – Variant – Model Part) and determine the recommendation of segmentation through findings, eg Critical Parts for improvement
Review and work on the improvement of the inventory level and lead-time
Work with the Manufacturing Planning team to implement a spare and accessories planning analysis for the organization and improve mechanisms needed to create an optimal synchronization in demand plans and inventory management
Support & recommend other approaches in monitoring the effectiveness and efficiency of demand and inventory plans in terms of accuracy, timeliness, coordination and communication, accomplished through facilitation and alignment with the Global S&OP process
Measuring and highlighting improvements in optimizing S&A Performance to include utilizing a segmentation of critical spares and inventory location optimization
2) Global Supply Chain team
You will be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects, applying your university knowledge from the get-go.
The selected candidate will play a supporting role in reviewing existing processes and procedures; identify areas to improve efficiency, and redesign processes that realize improvements. Working together as part of a larger project team, you will have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved. Some of your tasks could include:
Assist the supply chain manager to document processes
Seek to understand the E2E Supply Chain processes, identify and propose solutions to any bottleneck /constraints to its data /information flows in the system
Engage in process improvement activities with the objective to identify time-consuming activities and work with cross-functional stakeholders to propose and build robust, scalable solutions and /or process capabilities for Supply Chain
- Support supply chain manager and collaborate with supply chain team to create, organize all aspects of KPI’s, orientation guides, operational SOP’s and implementation plans
- Ability to work with cross-functional business users, Logistics Service Providers, Contract Manufacturers to support on projects
- Track and understand variances between forecast and actual data in terms of logistics capacity planning
- Performs other similar and related duties as required
Delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper honours or above and studying towards Business/Data Analytics, Statistical, Supply Chain/Logistics/Business Management or related discipline
- Graduating in 2020
- Strong analytical skills, hands-on, accurate and meticulous with details
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, and good organization skills
- Positive attitude, strong communication, self-motivated, demonstrate good initiative, strong team player and able to thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Background in handling Spare Part Planning and Supply Planning for high-end consumer goods or electronics manufacturer is a plus.
- Awareness of global markets and complex supply chain processes
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Above all, you will want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
If you are interested to apply for this position, please submit your application and upload the following documents:
- Updated academic transcript
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and final interviews.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.