- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
Data & Analytics at Dyson:
Data and Analytics excellence at Dyson is delivered by a diverse, collaborative global community.
Domain-specific experts form spoke analytics teams, enabled by a central team. All teams benefit from significant recent investments in cloud technologies and tools, an expansive scope, and no shortage of ambition and momentum. Data and analytics are recognised throughout the organisation as critical to Dyson’s strategic objectives.
With a ‘one-team’ approach, the global community:
- evolves existing solutions
- embeds emerging solutions, to capitalise on potential benefits
- delivers conceptualised & future solutions to introduce net-new capability
Our Data Team:
The Global Data Function is the ‘hub’ team which enables Dyson’s global data and analytics capabilities. We have end-to-end responsibility for data from foundations (DQ, MDM, Compliance) to management (data platforms, integrations), to value realisation (analytics enablement and delivery).
About the role
The primary focus is to build and own centralised LookML models that curate company-wide KPIs, and underpin self-service analytics throughout the organisation. You will design and develop Looker Models, Explores and Dashboards that support different functions across the globe. This role is essential in building our capabilities and will lead best practice for metricsand standards, building consistency and capability across the Analytics community.
Job responsibilities include:
- Create Looker Models and Explores that empower data discovery and drive business action
- Work closely with Engineering and Architecture teams to align delivery of compelling analytics products.
- Drive consolidation, consistency and tool strategy adoption
- Support the Analytics Community Leads to educate, develop and empower those who work in Analytics roles
- A data professional with a broad understanding of Looker, and a keen interest in developing it further
- Experience in cloud data warehousing
- Skilled in writing performant SQL / LookML
- Use of version control (Git)
- Working knowledge of the connectivity and mechanics required to connect analytics tools with modern cloud data platforms
- Experience working in a pressurised data or analytics team
- Experience Modelling Looker in a corporate environment, supporting multiple business functions
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.