- Research Engineering, Machine learning
- Singapore - Singapore
Our internships are different. Join us and you’ll be working at the forefront of technology, using your technical know-how to influence the evolution of Dyson's intelligent devices and product categories.
The Machine Learning team is responsible for delivering tangibly intelligent devices across all current, and future, product categories at Dyson.
Working alongside researchers, engineers, and designers, we blend cutting-edge machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques with an in-depth understanding of user behaviours. We utilise anonymised data from our connected devices and build prototype rigs to conduct rigorous qualitative and quantitative experiments and trials, inventing novel solutions to 'impossible' problems.
You will play a pivotal role in a rapidly growing team, developing intelligent features for our existing product categories, or enabling core functionality in products.
We are looking for penultimate year students, graduating in June/December 2022 and who would be able to commit full-time for either one of the following periods:
- 17 May to 6 August (minimum 12 weeks) or
- August to December (minimum 20 weeks)
About the role
You’ll be assigned to a live project team putting your university learning into practice from the get go. Depending on your skillset, you could be working on a project using statistical modelling, machine learning or deep learning.
Some of your accountabilities may include:
- Implementing machine learning or deep learning algorithms from research papers, followed by algorithm selection and optimisation and evaluation.
- Conducting literature review relevant to the project scope
- Data preparation, data cleaning and data understanding and analysis
- Reporting and knowledge sharing to the team
- Pro-actively adopting good quality engineering practices within the Dyson research framework
- Working with Dyson devices
Our software and hardware need to combine to make our machines intelligent, so you’ll be interacting with teams from product developers to electronics engineers to ensure our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use. On top of the technical know-how and passion to learn more, you’ll need to be inquisitive by nature, enthusiastic about technology, creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving.We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship.
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in.
You’ll also need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be pursuing a degree related to Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Information Systems or related discipline/specialization
- Able to commit full-time for at least 12 weeks from May to August or 20 weeks from August to December
- Graduating in June/December 2022
- Competent in programming languages like Matlab or Python
- Able to demonstrate practical application of your skills, for example via personal projects or society memberships/events
- Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
It will be a bonus if you are:
- Familiar with Docker and Linux
- Experienced in statistical modelling or fundamental machine learning techniques e.g. Supervised & Unsupervised Learning, SVMs, PCA, LDA, Random Forests, etc.
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
For your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
- Updated academic transcript / degree audit
Please note that you should only apply to one internship position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for another internship role should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and interviews.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.