- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Dyson buildings in Malmesbury and surrounding areas require a dedicated team for planned, preventative and reactive maintenance. The team has a variety of competencies which enable them to carry out Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health building services improvements as well as manage the specialist subcontractors we engage with.
The team fully supports the day-to-day priorities that are the nature of our service with tasks ranging from the very technical to the sometimes menial. Each team member will approach these tasks with equal enthusiasm and professionalism.
Candidates must be able to carry out relatively hazardous tasks (eg. working at height) and be willing to work 12 hour shifts on a 4-on/4-off shift pattern 365 days a year (including weekends and public holidays).
AccountabilitiesWhat you will be doing -
- Initiative and Proactivity – Ability to pre-empt problems and proactively take measures to mitigate any loss of system functionality.
- Drive for results - Focuses on expedient delivery, to the right level of resolution and quality.
- Concern for accuracy - Consistently delivers the required level of accuracy and quality.
- Attitude - Takes job responsibilities seriously, and conducts themselves in a positive and professional manner.
- Communication - Ability to effectively communicate and converse with colleagues, contractors and customers.
- Planning and Organising - Able to develop a clear, efficient and logical approach to work.
- Flexibility - Willing to adapt thinking, behaviour and activities to suit the requirements of different situations. Assists colleagues with their requests and is willing to work collaboratively to deliver results.
- Teamwork - Shows the willingness to put the goals of the team before personal goals, and the ability to build effective co-operative relationships with others.
The following competencies and qualifications are the minimum requirements of a candidate:
• A minimum of 5 years’ work experience within a building maintenance team in a commercial/ industrial environment.
• Electrical accredited qualifications equivalent to NVQ Level 3/ Time Served Apprenticeship.
• Qualified to a minimum of 17th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations BS 7671:2008.
• Implement systems to monitor performance of key equipment to identify opportunities for improvement and ensure equipment continues to operate within health & safety, environmental, legislative, and performance requirements.
• Basic IT literacy with the ability to compose emails (Outlook), schedule activities/equipment (Excel) and comprehend specialist applications/software to aid workflow (Windows).
• An understanding of health and safety minimum standards with the ability to contribute to the continuing improvement of a safe system of work.
• Full UK driving license with no endorsements.
The following competencies are not essential but desirable from a candidate:
• An understanding of Lighting Control Systems.
• An understanding of Fire Alarm Systems.
• An understanding of Mechanical and Public Health building services.
• IPAF and PASMA qualifications for powered access equipment and scaffold access equipment. • City & Guilds 2394/5 (formally City & Guilds 2391).
• Ability to use portable machine tools such as drills, grinders, reciprocating saws and crimpers.
• IOSH or equivalent Health and Safety training.
- Life assurance
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Dyson machine discount
- Sports centre
- Subsidized cafe and restaurants