- Dyson Services
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
The Dyson buildings in Malmesbury and surrounding areas require a dedicated team for planned, preventative and reactive maintenance. The team has a variety of competencies which enable them to carry out Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health building services improvements as well as manage the specialist subcontractors we engage with.
The team fully supports the day-to-day priorities that are the nature of our service with tasks ranging from the very technical to the sometimes menial. Each team member will approach these tasks with equal enthusiasm and professionalism.
About the Role
- We require a candidate to integrate into a relatively small team with the following personal attributes:
- Initiative and Proactivity – Ability to pre-empt problems and proactively take measures to mitigate any loss of system functionality.
- Drive for results - Focuses on expedient delivery, to the right level of resolution and quality.
- Concern for accuracy - Consistently delivers the required level of accuracy and quality.
- Attitude - Takes job responsibilities seriously and conducts themselves in a positive and professional manner.
- Communication - Ability to effectively communicate and converse with colleagues, contractors and customers.
- Planning and Organising - Able to develop a clear, efficient and logical approach to work.
- Flexibility - Willing to adapt thinking, behaviour and activities to suit the requirements of different situations. Assists colleagues with their requests and is willing to work collaboratively to deliver results.
- Teamwork - Shows the willingness to put the goals of the team before personal goals, and the ability to build effective co-operative relationships with others.
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience as a qualified electrician or mechanical engineer
- Electrical and or Mechanical accredited qualifications equivalent to NVQ Level 3/time served apprenticeship
- Electrical competency to IEE Wiring Regulations 18th Edition (C&G).
- Implement systems to monitor performance of key equipment to identify opportunities for improvement and ensure equipment continues to operate within health & safety, environmental, legislative, and performance requirements.
- Basic IT literacy with the ability to compose emails (Outlook), schedule activities/equipment (Excel) and comprehend specialist applications/software to aid workflow (Windows).
- An understanding of health and safety minimum standards with the ability to contribute to the continuing improvement of a safe system of work.
- Candidates must be physically able to carry out relatively hazardous tasks (e.g., working at height) and available to work occasional weekends. Candidates may also be required to be on-call for out of hour’s emergency response.
- Full UK driving license with no endorsements.
- The following competencies are not essential but desirable from a candidate:
- An understanding of Mechanical and Public Health building services
- IPAF and PASMA qualifications for powered access equipment and scaffold access equipment.
- City & Guilds 2391 Test & Inspection
- Experience in working under a Gas Safe registration relating to boilers, hot and cold-water systems, and heating systems.
- Ability to use portable machine tools such as drills, grinders, reciprocating saws and crimpers.
- IOSH or equivalent Health and Safety training.
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays )
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Free lunches and hot drinks
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
- Electric vehicle lease scheme
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.