- Salary will be determined based on credentials and experience
- Chicago - USA
As the Manager of Consumer and Market Insights, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success and growth of Dyson. Beyond providing invaluable insights to drive the business, you will also be able to recommend actions to be taken, working closely with and influencing decisions across the business. A successful person in this position will be able to see the world from a marketing and business perspective, as well as from a researcher perspective.
This position will require a high degree of collaboration with cross-functional teams (within the US, as well as with GHQ in the UK and across other markets) to drive consumer-centric strategies, to present forward-thinking consumer trends, and to socialize consumer and product insight. The Manager of Consumer and Market Insights will help develop and execute strategy by leading key stakeholders through the insight hunting and validation process. As a key provider of key business insights and implications, you will outline research needs, design studies, and manage multiple research suppliers to provide actionable research insights. You will serve as an insights expert using qualitative and quantitative market research, in addition to leveraging syndicated research (NPD, etc.) to add to your analysis.
This role requires a person with a creative bent who is able to lead in the face of uncertainty, able to pull disparate pieces of data together for a cohesive and insightful story, and who is able to highlight the key takeaways and action points for the cross functional team. Dyson is a culture driven by change and comfort in grey areas – an ideal candidate in this role will be a self-starter looking to make an immediate impact and help an innovative company continue to grow.
- Manage Brand Health tracking study,
output, and implications, working with commercial, media, and agency partners
to assess meaningful market insights.
- Use longitudinal data to make recommendations that aid business performance, effectively storytelling and present data to bring entire organization along
- Lead research pipeline development related to expanded retail stores and optimized Dyson digital experience, including both custom research and syndicated data analysis to optimize Dyson positioning and consumer experience
- Source, arrange and communicate data that accurately tracks business performance
- Review, compile and communicate tracking and syndicated data to the key areas of the business (sales, finance, marketing, management)
- Flush out initial development of shopper insights to start new capability focus of retailer and shopper understanding at Dyson
- Partner with internal customer data team to optimize owner experience, including optimizing Dyson loyalty program and touchpoints that communicate the Dyson point of difference
- Assess and develop plan to optimize Dyson NPS score across touchpoints to create a KPI infrastructure that helps manage overall brand experience and reputation
- Lead insights work related to understanding competitors that play in this space. Identify key market and cultural trends relevant to business objectives
- Lead insights work to fully understand trends, consumer attitudes and behaviours, key functional and emotional requirements, usage occasions, shopper needs, and translate those learnings into insights to be used as foundations for strategic action
- Lead Monthly submission of core market insights to James Dyson to elevate owner understanding of local market dynamics
- Develop enhanced ways of working between market and group, focusing on collaboration between insights, competitive, and other key stakeholders
- Manage current Market Insights Analyst to not only deliver excellent insights, but also help to develop their career and expand capabilities
- Identify opportunities to drive Dyson growth, disseminate learnings internally, including leadership, marketing, sales, and finance to ensure internal alignment and understanding of consumer and market needs
- Identify and manage outside vendors and third parties to maximize learning and value from projects. This entails actively engaging and leveraging partner intellectual horsepower, providing feedback for continual improved performance, and negotiating of contracts.
Minimum 5-7 years in market research
· Client and agency side experience preferable
· Retailer/account presentation experience
· Bachelor’s degree required, in Marketing, Economics, Finance or a related field required
· MBA preferred
· Proven strategic thinking
· Qualitative, Qualitative, Longitudinal, and Syndicated research skills and experience
· Expert in Excel/PowerPoint; Pivot table knowledge essential
· Strong analytical skills; proficient in statistics, experimental design, survey creation and analysis
· Data triangulation experience a must
· Ability to tell a story with data, comfortable presenting to senior leadership
· Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills (written, oral, and across Microsoft Office Suite)
· Highly motivated self-starter
· Building the New and Different; Creating the climate for success; Goes the extra mile; Thrives in change environment; Is an ambassador for the team
· Passionate Perseverance; Getting the best Result; Never wants to give up; Sets an standard of excellence in everything they do; Gets back up again after set backs
· Focused on getting the right answer by thinking hard – looking for detail and patterns; Looks well beyond the obvious; sees opportunities where others don’t; Has vision of what is possible and a desire use great ideas to drive change; Spots connections not seen by others
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you will also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer