- Republic of Korea - Seoul Office
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications.
We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention. Communicating with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to protecting identity & building our hard earned Reputation. Every contact with our public and with other Dyson people, must reflect our values and philosophy. Perfectly.
The Centre Of Excellence (CoE) is a Dyson team responsible for maintaining the visual identity and company reputation of Dyson across the APAC region (including Japan, Korea, Southeast Asia and Australia). We work collaboratively with local Dyson creative teams to deliver seamless consumer experiences that instill an understanding of and confidence in the products performance, distinct commercial benefits to the business and ultimately Dyson advocacy and loyalty.
About the Role
As the Creative Lead in Korea reporting to the APAC CoE Creative Director, you will oversee all creative and related marketing assets for the market. This begins with the consistent application of global assets into local channels in accordance with our identity & imagery guidelines and product launch campaign kits. That means you will understand our reputation, our philosophy and ethos inside out and use this understanding to create effective Dyson experiences adapted to suit the languages, cultural nuances and locally specific channels across the region’s markets and cities supporting new Dyson product launches.
Where global assets do not fulfil the challenges of a local market requirement, you will conceptualise new locally relevant campaigns and content and then oversee their implementation in conjunction with media, social, digital, PR and retail Dyson teams. You’ll interrogate the creative briefs for the products and technologies you’re communicating about and collaborate closely with your colleagues in other teams and work across a range of consumer touchpoints to create seamless integrated communications. You’ll also proactively identify opportunities relevant for Dyson that push the boundaries of creative innovation and continue to tell our technology, engineering and product stories in new pioneering and insight driven ways.
You’ll work closely with your Korea colleagues from marketing, PR, retail, sales and media to ensure that briefs are strategically right for Dyson’s reputation and appropriate for our business, balancing short term sales objectives with the longer term identity of Dyson. You’ll oversee our regional adaptation/transcreation partners and third party film/video production agencies to ensure assets are implemented correctly in every channel and platform and produced to Dyson’s global creative standards.
You will also need to be hands on; designing, directing, advising, reviewing, proof-reading and artworking while leading a local team of designers, copywriters, film-makers and content creators on a broad range of fast turn-around projects and rapid responses.
You’ll also need to be comfortable presenting work to brief owners and senior stakeholders in high profile review sessions – articulating ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments. And you’ll have the ability to work on multiple tasks, remain calm under pressure, solve problems efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
Finally you’ll love technology and develop a thorough understanding and appreciation of the Dyson story – our heritage, our philosophy, how we talk about ourselves and the engineering of our products
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in an art based creative, branding, design or advertising agency or equivalent client-side role in a team leadership capacity
- Knowledge of the Korea region and the unique challenges, languages, behaviors, channels and cultural nuances of Korean consumers
- Portfolio of work that clearly demonstrates campaigns, visual identity/branding and content understanding with expertise in designing across a range of touchpoints/channels and for a range of different applications
- Experience in leading and mentoring other designers, setting tasks and checking their work at key milestones to ensure they are on-brief and adhere to Dyson guidelines
- Experience in adapting global assets to local channels and developing localised versions of globally assets – effectively trans-creating whilst maintaining the integrity and intent of the original
- Extensive knowledge of creative/design software tools with a high level of individual hands on technical/design ability, e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Sketch, etc
- Confidence in putting together proposals and presentations for verbal presentations to key local and global stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in visual communication, graphic design, advertising or similar field
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.