- Planning and Retail Operations
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
Dyson employs over 14,000 people and is present in more than 80 countries. And while we are growing fast, we want Dyson to remain a start-up in spirit with the freedom of experimentation and learning, constantly reinventing our products as well as reinventing how we work, how we sell and how we support our owners. Research, Design and Development is the heart of Dyson products. Our people are focused on enabling hardware and software to work together, developing intelligent machines which understand and react to their environment to deliver superior performance. To this end, we invest over £7m per week into research and development and have over 200 live technology projects as well as 50 active research programmes with 40 universities. We plan to spend £100m over the next three years on external technology investments and have pledged to invest £1bn in the development of next generation battery technology. There is plenty to talk about.
About the Role
Reporting to the Global Demand Planning Senior Manager, this is a new role to drive unbiased demand led planning, bringing the outside in, to ensure high quality and accuracy in the Global Revenue organization’s planning efforts.
You will be responsible for managing and optimizing the demand planning processes across your category globally working closely with multi-functional teams based in different regions.
- Demand Forecasting: Utilize historical data, market trends, and inputs from sales and marketing teams to ensure regions develop accurate and timely forecasts for products or services across global markets Analyse demand patterns and identify factors that may impact demand fluctuations.
- Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the organization’s planning efforts
- Coordinate planning activities with other functions and regions within the company.
- Proactively identify opportunities for demand planning process improvement. Overall lead a culture of continuous improvement in the end-to-end planning process
- Collaborate closely with Supply Chain to support them in delivering perfect balance in service.
- Performance Analysis and Reporting: Monitor demand forecast accuracy and measure performance against forecasted targets. Conduct root cause analysis to identify forecast errors and implement corrective actions. Generate regular reports and dashboards to communicate demand planning insights, KPIs, and performance trends to stakeholders and senior management.
- Work with all the different regions to coordinate the monthly demand planning cycle to make sure the right guidance is being followed and any issues are being timely highlighted to Global leadership.
- Continuous Improvement: Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance demand planning processes, methodologies, and tools. Identify opportunities to streamline processes, increase forecast accuracy, and improve collaboration across teams. Stay updated with industry best practices and incorporate them into demand planning practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- +6 years of proven experience in demand planning, supply chain management, and solid knowledge in inventory management
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and strategic thinking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other data analysis tools
- Proficiency in demand planning software and statistical forecasting techniques
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Master’s degree is a plus (not necessary)
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.