- United States - Illinois Remote
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the Role:
Dyson is seeking an experienced Instructional Design leader with top tier learning content production and planning skills. Someone who can review teams’ content, provide direction, manage to plan, create plans from scratch and innovate as we take our primarily Instructor Led Training (ILT) training content into a blended, virtual delivery future. This role will lead a team of Instructional Designers to meet the content needs of the business. This production-oriented role is perfect for someone who can apply advanced adult learning tactics into a practical application-based production strategy across multiple programs. The ability to scale and find efficiency will be a hallmark of a successful candidate. As the Design leader you manage/design/build/implement for both new content creation as well as maintenance on existing content. The goal of all programs your team develops is to deliver the highest possible customer satisfaction results and best operational KPI’s while enhancing our team members learning experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and execute instructional design team efforts to design, develop, and build blended learning content for Dyson business needs.
- Lead and evaluate the team’s ability to write strong, measurable learning objectives and tie them to the business goals for the programs who request the team’s services.
- Help your team to partner with SME’s and other content experts to review, approve, and validate content written meets operational requirements.
- Have mastery of complex adult learning theories, and how to apply them to common business problems. Knowing that the results are the key success metric.
- Work closely with our partners as Dyson implements an enterprise-wide learning management system and ensure that the training goals and objectives can be quantified and tied to not only LMS data and reporting, but also to your partners business metrics.
- Project manage their ID team to dates and schedules. This candidate may build the plans or help the team’s mange themselves to plans they build.
- Be a thought leader in instructional design and innovation at a program level. Helping push your team to continuously improve, develop, and advance Dyson’s Instructional Design to world class levels.
- Design, build and deliver as needed instructionally sound (ADDIE; AGILE) curriculum journeys, courses, programs, and other educational resources (video; ILT, web course, virtual) that result in the development of skills and abilities
- Review by providing feedback and approval for training materials; develop and maintain tools, templates, and processes to ensure consistent, well-documented project data.
- Benchmark best practices and emerging trends to make recommendations on curriculum design, development, tools, and technologies.
- Consult with business units to assess learning needs including scope; identify and propose appropriate delivery methods for new and existing training programs.
- 5+ years of professional instructional design and learning strategy experience, e.g., coursework in experiential leadership, management, functional and performance skills.
- An advanced degree or certification in Performance Technology, Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or education plus 5+ years of on-the-job application directly tied to content development and production.
- Proven experience with Instructional Design and performance consulting in cross group environments and the ability to drive metric improvements.
- Deep instructional design knowledge and the ability to convey the complex ID theories to internal stakeholders in a way that they can consume, and support as your team develops content.
- Experience in using training consumption data to identify trends and improve program level training results based off quantifiable data. This will include using the LMS data to help performance consult with both internal and external partners to the business.
- The ability to conduct Level 3 and Level 4 evaluations based on the Kirkpatrick evaluation model.
- Proven e-learning design and development experience and experience with designing, developing, and delivering and blended learning strategies for full programs/multiple programs and lines of business that are interrelated.
- Experience coordinating and developing multiple projects at one time.
- The ability to travel is a requirement. Travel could reach 20% or more if business needs arise.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office products in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project.
- Master’s degree in Arts/Sciences (MA/MS) Human Resources, Training, or related field preferred.
- Certifications in leadership and executive coaching and facilitation of development programs (DDI preferred), leadership assessments, Change Management) are all strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in customer service and/or other high-volume service-oriented industry.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.