- Data Analysis
- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially.
Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with an additional office in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the role:
As the Manager of Shopper Insights, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success and growth of Dyson. Beyond providing invaluable insights to drive the business, you will work closely with and influencing decision makers. A successful person in this position will be able to see the world from a marketing and business perspective, as well as from a researcher perspective.
This position will require a high degree of collaboration with cross-functional teams to present forward-thinking shopper and retail insights and trends to help develop and drive shopper based strategies.
The Manager of Shopper Insights will help develop and execute strategy by leading key stakeholders through the insight hunting and validation process. As a key provider of key business insights and implications, you will outline research needs, design studies, and manage multiple research suppliers to provide actionable research insights.
You will serve as an insight’s expert using qualitative and quantitative market research, in addition to leveraging syndicated research to add to your analysis. This role requires a person with a creative bent who is able to lead in the face of uncertainty, able to pull disparate pieces of data together for a cohesive and insightful story, and who is able to highlight the key takeaways and action points for the cross functional team.
Dyson is a culture driven by change and comfort in grey areas – an ideal candidate in this role will be a self-starter looking to make an immediate impact and help an innovative company continue to grow.
- Continue to develop the shopper insights function, a newer capability at Dyson, focused on understanding Shoppers at retail and online.
- Lead research development related to retail stores and optimized shopping experience, including both custom research and syndicated data analysis to optimize Dyson positioning and consumer experience
- Drive enhanced ways of working between key cross functional internal clients including sales, retail, marketing and ecommerce teams.
- Partner with internal customer data team to optimize owner experience, including optimizing Dyson loyalty program and touchpoints that communicate the Dyson point of difference
- Share relevant learning with counterparts in other markets. Lead insights work to fully understand trends, consumer attitudes and behaviors, key functional and emotional requirements, usage occasions, shopper needs, and translate those learnings into insights to be used as foundations for implications for Dyson.
- Identify and manage outside vendors and third parties to maximize learning and value from projects. This entails actively engaging and leveraging partner intellectual horsepower, providing feedback for continual improved performance, and negotiating of contracts.
- Fulfil other duties as required: Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role, Fix things that need fixing, identify problems and find solutions, and Proactively use data to help drive Dyson strategy
- Minimum 5-7 years in market research
- Client and/or supplier side experience preferable
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Marketing, Market Research, Economics, Finance or a related field required Proven strategic thinking with the ability to triangulate data from various sources.
- Ability to tell a story with data, comfortable presenting to senior leadership Qualitative, Qualitative, Longitudinal, and Syndicated research skills and experience
- Expert in Excel/PowerPoint; Pivot table knowledge preferred
- Strong analytical skills, experimental design, survey creation and analysis
- Ability to tell a story with data, comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Highly motivated self-starter
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.