- Republic of Korea - Seoul Office
About the company
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
From its beginnings in cyclonic vacuums, Dyson’s portfolio has grown to include five main areas of technology: Cord-free and corded vacuum cleaners, hand dryers, lighting, environmental control machines (purifying fans, heating and cooling fans and humidifiers) and hair styling tools, which are sold in more than 82 countries across the world. We are on a mission to improve our customer’s lives: whether that be by making the air they breathe safe and clean, or connecting them to high performing machines, which keep their homes clean.
About the role
The Retail team creates customer and owner experiences that demonstrate our machines in a compelling and engaging way. By controlling the retail experience, we can ensure our technology is always presented in the best way to drive short-term sales while building our reputation.
This role is to partner with internal and external stakeholders to define and deliver retail solutions that best supports the Dyson retail strategy.
- Lead the overall store roll-out for Dyson Korea off-line retail; new opening, renovation / refurbishment of every Dyson door.
- Lead to develop the concept, production, implementation of any physical assets for any consumer / shopper experiences including consumer event, pop-up, outpost, roadshow etc.
- Lead the project management and development of store fixtures across Korea market.
- Ensure any global assets to adapt into right solutions against local needs but still that are met in Dyson standards.
- Partner closely with Sales and Marketing to establish best in class retail solutions within Dyson brand and retail guidelines. Facilitate efforts to develop project scope of work including review of Dyson guideline, tenant criteria, merchandise requirements and any other design elements that may need to be incorporated into a project.
- Work with Group to develop concepts and explore locally relevant solution.
- Drive and lead management of all maintenance of in-store fixtures and fittings.
- Develop efficient initiatives to ensure fixtures are future-proofed and cost effective to maintain.
- Develop initiatives to gather insights and measure impact of fixtures in stores.
- Develop and manage always on execution assets where relevant.
- Manage annual budget, Return on Investment (ROI) and prepare post-evaluation analysis to measure effectiveness.
- Minimum 12 years of professional experiences in Retail Architecture, Retail Design, or similar field. Related experience in consumer product industry experience in retail development or project management, store design and development, preferably from Retail/Luxury brand.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or interior design.
- Minimum +3 years in leading a team with multiple team members.
- Experience in store development or opening new stores is a plus.
- Project management, construction quality / schedule / budget management.
- Knowledge and experience in construction regulation, bidding process, contract management.
- Analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong business acumen and budget management capability.
- Make sense of complex, high-quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. Consider various inputs, criteria, and tradeoffs to arrive at the best decision/ recommendation.
- High level of initiative and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Possesses a high level of curiosity.
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Working understanding of the retail landscape, retailers, and commercial context.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to achieve business outcomes.
- Pro-active and agile with entrepreneurial spirit, finding new approaches and solutions to the challenges.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with multiple functions.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.