- Operational Engineering
- Malaysia - Global Development Campus, Johor Bahru
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. A fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille. And most recently, Supersonic, Dyson’s first-ever hair dryer that has taken the world by storm.
There are over 4000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
- To develop new or revise current assembly/test methods to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- To design new or review current production equipment/jig fixture design
- To deliver line capacity and reduce handling/test time
- To be actively involved in early product design development stage and produce a robust and efficient test package (timeplan, method, jig fixtures and facility).
- To define and improve equipment specification related to process
- Equipment qualification based on IQ, OQ and PQ validation (G1 & GRR understanding)
- Manage manufacturing deployment and support operations in an outsourced environment
- The candidate will be working in a dynamic and fast paced environment, working with cross-team members in different geographical locations to deliver optimal manufacturing solutions within a given time frame
- Technically sound in providing, sourcing and evaluating technological solutions to each process requirement.
- Able to assess risks and opportunities at a given situation and translate it to project benefit in terms time, cost and quality
- Works collaboratively with other cross-function leads in attaining the project and business goals.
- Travelling is required for when needed ( More than 30% per year )
Key Skills / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical / Mechatronic / Electrical / Electronics Engineering
- Six sigma practitioner (Greenbelt / Blackbelt) is preferred
- Extensive hands-on expertise with statistical software such as Minitab / JMP / Statistical Process Control (SPC) and MSA .
- Experience in creation and management of CAPEX.
- Demonstrated project management skills for manage supplier & CM
- Understand Drawing requirement including GD&T & stack up tolerance
- Knowledge on cycle time assessment (MTM )
- At least 1-3 years of relevant experience in New Product Launch, including extensive knowledge of R&D Development Phases and their linkage to Manufacturing Engineering contributions.
- Time management and interpersonal Skills
- Computer literacy
- Strong analytical approach and methodology in problem solving
Manufacturing Process and Equipment Development
- Responsible for process integration and support of product/technology transfers
- Drive integration and ramp-up of new technologies into production
- Perform optimization and adaptation of process modules to optimize yield, cost and quality
- Analyze complex technical problems and find solutions using methodical problem-solving Techniques
- Support of production in case of line deviation
- Define equipment specification and work with equipment maker to develop and install equipment
- Monitor equipments fabrication progress and ensure equipments are ready on time
- Develop, install, commission and maintain automation system
- Support and train engineering personnel to assure thorough understanding of control system requirements
- Control and improve automation process
- Failure mode analysis of control systems
- Analyze data and propose preventive and predictive maintenance tasks to improve equipment reliability and operation
- Execute the appropriate change control documentation to assure the control systems are in a state of control and compliance
- Contribute to software architecture design, development of software applications, and integration into enterprise systems when required
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.