- Manufacturing and tooling
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Manufacturing Technology Engineering Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient running of the research and New Product Innovation side of the UK Manufacturing Engineering team. The role will require the aptitude to step from long term strategic thinking, through to tactical continuous improvement and day to day issue resolution. They will report directly to the Head of Manufacturing and Procurement Engineering and be a core member of the UK operations leadership team. Partnering with the Engineering Managers / Heads of NPI and Research departments to improve our support to implement early technology development into our products. They will directly lead a team of experienced Engineers to support day to day operations, as well as being the manager and leader across multiple technical functions.
- Develop technology strategy for 3 to 5 years to support new manufacturing requirements.
- Source and develop new technologies to support design and development, enabling new and unique manufacturing processes, working with Research and NPI, alongside other stake holders.
- Enable process development in a lab and build lab capability to support the business needs.
- Establish manufacturing methods, controls and documents for new technologies manufacturing processes.
- Continuously assess SME requirement and develop to support advance manufacturing needs.
- To collaborate with the broader business to improve the interaction between upstream and downstream activities. Using the MRL (Manufacturing Readiness) process to show progress.
- To partner with the Optimisation team to improve the overall product development process.
- Play a key role in the UK Operations leadership team working collaboratively with peers & heads of to ensure delivery in-line with the core business objectives.
- Accountable for the activity, outputs and deliverables of technology projects.
- Accountable for the efficiency and effectiveness of the team to the business. Defining KPIs
- Degree in Engineering Electronics, Electrical, Communications, Mechanical, Mechatronic Engineering or Manufacturing
· Ability to define and solve unique/complex problems and operate within a level of ambiguity
- Experience leading high calibre technical team.
- Must have good exposure to manufacturing technology development.
- Independent and self-motivated leader.
- Experience in performing DFX and FMEA for new products and processes.
- Good exposure with NPI product phases and milestones.
- Excellent communication skills, with credibility to build strong relationships and influence stakeholders at a senior and director/exec level
- Strong commercial and operational awareness, able to think and plan strategically across the function
- Able to resolve conflict, inspire teams, mentor peers, and promote best practice
- Team player that has no lines drawn and willingness to go above and beyond your scope of work.