- Quality and Reliability
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the role
- Assist and support the QCQA Manager on technical and supervisory aspects of the QCQA function through planning, organizing, and scheduling manpower to support the Production operations.
- Develop newly hired Inspectors and supervising their work activities in their assigned area of responsibility.
- Review drawings, routings, Work Instructions and various related production and development plans for quality requirements.
- Work closely with the Cross Functional Team during Product Development Project Milestones (ER until product EOL).
- Support Manufacturing Quality Engineer for any technical related issues.
- Ensure all products manufactured meet company established product specifications by enforcing internal procedures SOP’s and standards as required by the Quality Systems regulations – the ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 and other regulations.
- Involve as internal auditor for ISO 9001 process audits of quality management systems.
- Investigate all customer complaints and issues.
- Identify root cause and respond with corrective action.
- Develop and execute plans for quality and control to ensure constant manufacturing continuity and product conformance.
- Establish and maintain SOPs for maintaining high standards of productivity, quality, reliability and safety in manufacturing, product designs and/or existing engineering applications.
- Participate as Material Review Board member to review Non-Conforming Material as suitable.
- Develop and execute statistical process controls utilizing apt quality tools plus statistical techniques.
- Develop and maintain positive relations and effectual communication lines with all functions, vendors and customers.
- Prepare report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
- Support quality goals and objectives along with activities to identify, explain and resolve quality issues.
- Analysing production limitations and standards and recommending revision of specifications when indicated.
- Travel to other global Dyson facilities when needed.
- Travel to Contract Manufacturers as required.
- Good investigative and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think logically and methodically
- Good interpersonal skills and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Decision making ability coupled with the ability to work independently and proactively
- Knowledge in Statistical Process Control (SPC), Minitab, MSA, GR&R, Lean Six Sigma
- Knowledge in 8D, FMEA, Control Plan, Microsoft Office system
- Experience in Quality Assurance / Control / Systems
- With at least 5 years working experience in the related field
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to make sure we offer competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy comprehensive medical care and insurance, and shift and transport allowances. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and voluntary workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.