- Manufacturing and tooling
- Singapore - Singapore
The Manufacturing Team Lead will lead the Motors Manufacturing Technology team, based in our Singapore Advanced Manufacturing site, reporting directly to a UK based Manufacturing Engineering Manager. The role is primarily to facilitate the purchase and introduction of highly automated Digital Motor assembly equipment and to manage the transfer to production. In addition, the team leads equipment changes, the implementation of product change, process development, process improvement and problem solving. You will work extensively with cross-functional teams, build relationships with existing and new suppliers and will be prepared to travel as required.
- Lead the Motors Manufacturing Technology team to deliver equipment projects and improvements.
- Create a manufacturing vision, promote it and deliver it.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define and manage team objectives.
- Report current status to stakeholders in the UK and Motors Manufacturing facility.
- Project manage the delivery of new automated production processes and equipment.
- Project manage the design and delivery of equipment changes.
- Create new processes to resolve manufacturing problems.
- Set standards for equipment design, safety and efficiency.
- Lead PFMEA and “Design for Manufacture” activity.
- Support the team in identifying and implementing process improvements using Lean Six Sigma tools.
- Degree in an engineering discipline.
- Experience of leading a Manufacturing Engineering team.
- Experience leading capital equipment projects for automated equipment, responsible for delivery on time and to budget.
- A thorough knowledge of automation design; mechanical, electrical & electronics, programming and integration. Sound understanding of PLC systems, Labview, Visual Basic and vision system programming.
- Familiar with estimation of “should costs” for industrial automation.
- Working experience of material handling, automated testing and automated inspection.
- Demonstrate empathy to build relationships internally and with suppliers.
- Sound knowledge of engineering drawings and tolerance stacks.
- Lean Six Sigma trained, proficient in data acquisition and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Automated Equipment Safety Systems.