- Regulatory and Compliance
- China - Shanghai Office
This role is based within the Dyson RDD team, reporting to the Head of RDD China with a dotted line to the Dyson President of Greater China.
This role is primarily responsible for delivering ongoing regulatory compliance for products, processes and services within the respective market.
The role is responsible for understanding & defining the regulatory requirements within the market and ensuring that all activities and processes are in place to maintain ongoing compliance.
Internally, the role interfaces with a range of group functions, including Compliance & Approvals, Legal, Quality, Supply Chain and Operations, Category, and Engineering teams. The role also includes extensive contact with market regulators, Certification Bodies, industry associations and standards bodies. To maintain gap-free compliance, the dotted-line link to Compliance & Approvals will ensure close collaboration.
- Research, identify and document the local regulatory requirements for proposed products and feed these requirements into the C&A process
- Maintain a close understanding of the market regulatory landscape to identify potential changes, threats & opportunities coming from the regulatory environment
- Maintain a good understanding of the potential technology direction of Dyson in order to understand threats & opportunities within the regulations
- Maintain local documentation & records to ensure ongoing compliance
- Host any regulatory audit activities and lead any post-audit activity
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the key players in the local regulatory landscape including regulatory bodies, certification bodies, and others involved in the regulatory process
- Engage, where appropriate, with the local industry bodies and standardisation committees to understand local trends and influence where possible
- Collaborate with other Dyson teams to continuously improve the effectiveness of the regulatory processes
- Support technical retailer onboarding of product SKUs
- Experience with customs clearance documentation and activities
- Support establishing Dyson with appropriate business registrations for transport, production, seller/reseller, disposal/recycling of goods and activities
- Support marketing strategies to ensure compliance with appropriate regulations
- Supporting call centre inquires to provide technical explanations for customers and various teams
- Carry out graphics and packaging review activities to ensure compliance with market requirements
- Maintain local market access registrations and activities
- Be the technical representative/point of contact for product approval and market activities
- Broad expertise in compliance and approvals processes within the market for consumer products and other more highly regulated products (or similar)
- Experience of product approvals and testing
- Excellent knowledge of the local regulatory authorities and their processes
- An expert in understanding and interpreting industry standards
- Excellent creative problem-solving and project management skills
- 5 years + experience of product approvals
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in science or engineering
- Excellent communication in English and fluency in Mandarin (both written and verbal)
- Experience in standards development and technical committees
- Technical, personal and business credibility to work effectively with cross functional teams and at different levels inside the organisation
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt plans to changing environments
- Excellent project management skills
- Detail orientated
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Accountability – demonstrated through ownership and continuous achievement of ambitious goals
- Disciplined problem solver
- Collaborates across engineering, global, and organisation teams
- Perseveres to get the best result. Is tireless. Has a passion for success and overcoming obstacles
- Has excellent influencing capability, especially with external bodies
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.