- Republic of Korea - Seoul Office
Dyson solves the problems others choose to ignore, developing disruptive technologies requiring even more complex electronics to deliver an increasing product portfolio. We are growing fast, and our ambition is boundless – more products, more locations, and more people.
About the Role
The Category Manager (Floorcare) will be accountable for cord-free category and cross-category agenda of cord-free and Environmental control, reporting to Sr. Category manager, Floor Care (FC) & Environmental Control (EC). You will lead building strategies that can achieve category goal in terms of profitability, brand equity, short-term and long-term growth.
You will lead creating commercial and marketing strategies, aligned with annual and long-term category plan and overall growth strategy of Korea team and global category ambitions. This role will work closely with internal and external stakeholders, including group Dyson’s global teams and local cross-functions.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES (and supporting activities):
- Be the in-market category owner; responsible for end-to end product management, developing and executing category plan for EC/Lighting category and FC/EC cross-category agenda.
- Lead and communicate category agenda to the wider business.
- Deliver annual business planning and engage cross-functions and key business partners for successfully execute the plan Continuously seek to unlock commercial potential to meet category annual ambition and volume target; developing the ideas and tactics with collaboration of trade marketing and sales teams to reach the best possible commercial outcomes.
- Own quarterly marketing planning and maximize conversion by aligning it with sales activations.
- Work closely with internal/external stakeholders such as local creative hub, media team, trade marketing and sales team to deliver flawless execution.
- Develop new product launch strategies
- Oversee team members for the campaign execution and asset creation.
- Ensure timely execution of launch activities, working with group commercial (global) and cross-functions.
- Contribute to translate the Group commercial product/category strategy into local strategy; clarifying the approach to maximize own market’s opportunity within the context of global plans. Fulfil other duties as required
- 8-13 years of product marketing/brand management/marketing experience required.
- Strong commercial acumen to understand P&L impact and deliver against category goals
- Experience in developing one year marketing strategy and marketing plan
- Broad thinker with strong analytical skills; ability to use market analysis to identify high potential opportunities
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal teams
- Fluent in English.
- Brainpower; independent thinker and problem solving mindset, strong aptitude in analytics and strategic thinking, rational, and prompt.
- Organizing priorities, handling multi projects with hands-on attitude
- Detail oriented; plan and materials produced must be meticulously executed
- Commitment; strong follow-through, engaging, driven, and dynamic
- Passion; needs to be passionate about product to sell - e.g. its philosophy, technology, engineering
- Entrepreneurial; be unafraid to try new things, able to deal with ambiguity, and willing to take risks.
- Team player; flexible, patient, open to new ideas, and able to work cross-functionally, managing all stakeholders. Strong aptitude in inter-personal communication; clear and concise at all levels.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.