- JP¥ Competitive
- Tokyo - Japan
This role is pivotal to our success and you will be responsible for brand building, communications and the launch strategy for all Dyson products across Japan. You will lead and inspire all category marketing and marketing operations teams including trade marketing, creative and digital marketing.
AccountabilitiesYou will be responsible for creating new and innovative marketing strategies that will continue to build our brand; leading to increased awareness, growth in sales and relevance and respect amongst our target audiences.
You will possess excellent communication and leadership skills, with proven success in both traditional and pioneering campaigns across the broad spectrum of today's marketing channels. We are also looking for a ground-breaking leader with strategic, creative and financial acumen as well as a strong business intellect to take our organisation to the next level.
You will be responsible for:
- Obtaining market share by developing marketing plans and the strategy for each product and directing promotional support
- Influencing present and future products by determining and evaluating current and future marketing trends
- Contributing to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-term improvements; providing recommended courses of action and implementing the decided outcome
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers by organising and developing customer-relations programmes and determining company presence at PR events, conventions and store demonstrations
- Providing long-term and short-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research data collection and analysis
- Maintaining research database by identifying and assembling appropriate information
- Achieving financial objectives by preparing for the annual budget review, scheduling expenditure, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Work closely with Group and region to plan, implement and execute all marketing strategies and activities
- Develop the marketing team by recruiting, orientating, influencing and inspiring.
SkillsYou will be based in Japan or open to relocating and will be fluent in both Japanese and English.
Leadership and influencing skills:
You will be a clear thinker and a good communicator. You'll often work alongside senior leaders both within the region and overseas and be confident in presenting your ideas to the Executive Team.
You will oversee all marketing teams and guide day-to-day operations. This includes recruiting, supervising and mentoring. People management skills are a big part of the role.
This role calls for continuous analysis of market trends and the positioning of competitors. Customer behaviour and experience data provides the foundations for setting marketing strategies and so excellent analytical skills are key.
You will also have the following skills:
- Extensive knowledge of marketing principles
- Understanding of changing marketing dynamics and development of strategies to stay ahead of our competitors
- Excellent project management abilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills as well as strong presentation abilities
- The ability to adjust to change smoothly and rapidly
- Superior organisational skills and strategic planning abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as negotiation and persuasion abilities
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- The ability to network and leverage contacts effectively