- Mexico - Mexico City Office
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson has made a name for itself in the US and Canada with superior technology and hungry team that wants to win. Mexico is the next battleground in the Americas. Are you in?
About the Role
To lead the brand building, communication and launch strategy for all Floorcare, Personal Care, Environmental Control and Lighting products in México.
We’re growing – fast. The ambition for our local in market e-Commerce business, both Direct and Indirect is huge. Your goal is to consistently grow our eCommerce business double digit year on year for next 5 years.
Manager of the following roles: Media, Categories Leads (FC/EC, PC), Direct and Marketing & Communications Lead.
Development of Dyson marketing strategies across Floorcare, Personal Care, Environmental Control and Lighting
- Lead overall marketing strategies for Dyson MX, to show clear brand differentiation and superiority.
- Deliver 360 owner centric plans to generate consumer traction and support sales across all channels, ensuring best in class experience across all consumer facing touchpoints
- Build effective relationship with PR & Comms team to maximize power of Paid / Owned & Earned
- Leverage insight and data to inform strategies and build plans & campaigns
- Ensure BBI efficiency, and manage budget with high accuracy and agility balancing top line growth together with bottom line protection
Management of product plan roadmap
- Feed into the NPD and ranging process with Group categories to ensure new products fit with MX customer needs.
- Lead long term product and category planning: set the strategy, long term mission and targets of categories to deliver the P&L objectives.
- Review and update the plan across the Sales planning process. Ensure that volume and mix expectations match with the plans. Ensure long term trade up and cross category decisions are robust.
- Make sure we anticipate and orchestrate strong plans against NPD launches, sticking to due dates and ensuring assets readiness for perfect delivery.
- Review launch processes and define the optimum launch, working closely with group and involving Category leads to liaise with customers
Leadership and strategy definition of media planning, insight & owner experience agenda
- Supervisor of Media, OE and Insights
- Define, develop and coordinate Dyson MX integrated strategy across all channel for all categories (insight identification, audience understanding, audience mapping, media agency brief, recommendation to category leaders).
- Supervision of Traditional, digital and Social media and Owner Experience plans, with a clear objective of losing reliance on paid media, maximizing Owned & Earn.
- Ensure creative production coordination and seamless roll out
- Supervision of media agency to produce meaningful post campaign analysis
- Supervision of Audit process to evaluate quality performance of media agency on an annual basis
- Work with local Communications team to deliver fully integrated amplification plans
- Develop strong collaboration with Group and Americas heads on media strategies, ensure the plans encapsulate consistent vision (Beauty/Floorcare/Environmental care).
From a Direct & E-Commerce perspective.
- Set and deliver the strategy and direction for Dyson eCommerce in MX and lead cross functional teams to bring this to life.
- Team Management: build, nurture and enable a high performing team of 11 people, ranging from graduates/ early careers through to senior managers. Manage talent development, succession planning and poor performance as needed.
- Lead team member in MX: Sit as part of the leadership team in setting the broader business vision for MX, working with the Managing Director and other heads of/ directors to bring this to life. Clearly set out Direct and Indirect eComm vision for growth and optimisation, within the overall business strategy and objectives to grow every category, and stretch Dyson beyond floorcare to a broader technology enterprise.
- Owner Experience: Ensure owners are getting a fantastic experience in every digital interaction with Dyson on both our owned website, in media and on 3rd party websites. Measure, evaluate and optimise on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Business and P&L Management: Work with partners across the business to deliver annual, quarterly, weekly and daily targets. Identify opportunities and put in place plans to deliver against these targets. Ensure you and your team own the E-Commerce P&Ls end to end.
- Group/ Regional Project Ownership: As needed work with regional teams on delivery of multi market projects and initiatives that drive the eComm equation (traffic, conversion, AOV), ultimately achieving revenue targets and driving both growth and efficiency every year.
- 3rd Party Commercial Leadership: You’ll be accountable for our 3rd party and marketplace eComm business, ranging from commercial performance, stakeholder management to implementation of Selective Distribution
- Optimise eComm Equation: Lead a team and work in partnership with marketing on the right traffic plans for the business across paid, owned and earned, ensuring we’re driving conversion with people on our website and manage content & consumer journeys to optimise Conversion and AOV.
- Oversee Business Planning for Web Business: Either directly or via your team you’ll deliver inputs into Dyson’s annual business planning cycle- forecasting, budget planning, in month estimates etc.
- Be voice of eComm business to senior stakeholders; highlighting performance and areas where help is needed.
- Work closely with Customer Services and Owner experience teams to collaborate on end to end journeys and experiences. Understand which elements positively and negatively impact NPS and manage accordingly.
Build, develop and promote an effective team
- Inspire, lead and motivate a senior team of Category Leaders, Insights, Media, Owner Experience and Direct managers through regular feedback, 1:1’s PDP’s and objectives
- Inspire a passion for Dyson and our products, be advocate for what we stand for within the organization.
- Manage processes to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals.
- Interact efficiently with departments, Finance, Sales, Retail, E-commerce and review regularly ways of working.
- Work closely with Group Marketing to influence global decisions
- Develop talent and succession plans
Fulfil other duties as required
- Pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Promote and demonstrate Dyson behaviours.
- Solid marketing background with proven experience at a management level.
- Mandatory to have had experience of brand management i.e. simultaneous management of product marketing and communications.
- Strong knowledge of digital media on top of traditional media.
- Line management experience essential.
- International Experience is a plus
- Ability to engage with and motivate people.
- Strong analytical skills
- Creative thinker
- Effective presentation skills
- Open and Agile Mind-set
- Learn it all vs know it all
- Strong senior team leadership skills.
- A confident individual must be ready to take on battles and win
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to plan and deliver strategic initiatives
- A visible passion for product
- Effective communicator
- Team player
- Able to manage complex projects
- Approachable and supportive
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Life Insurance
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Medical & Dental Coverage Options
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.