- € competitive
- Amsterdam - The Netherlands
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different.
And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
About the roleThis role will be located in Amsterdam and is limited to 12 months.
Purpose of position:
In a world in which our personal health and the air we breathe becomes more and more important we are looking for a strong candidate that could help us grow the Environmental Care and Lighting business.
Our most successful Dyson employees have more than just academic smarts – and we’ll expect you to have practical knowledge and experience that will help you contribute to our mantra of ‘wrong-thinking’ and doing things better. You’ll also need a head for data and great communication skills. Some experience of a busy, deadline-driven environment would be great as well. Lastly, it’s all about showing a passion for marketing and the Dyson brand.
We’ll expect a lot from you. And no day will be the same as the last.
This role sits within the Benelux Marketing Team. The Marketing Executive Environmental Care and Lighting Benelux is responsible for executing projects that are part of the brand strategy while constantly helping to be the brand guardian.
The main areas of focus include building the Environmental Care & Lighting brand awareness in the Benelux, establishing Dyson as the expert in Air Quality and scaling the Environmental Care business across channels in a time where the category has become extremely relevant.
Main accountabilities and supporting activities:
Responsible of the NPD launch readiness for the Environmental Care category
- Understanding the needs for launching an NPD on all touchpoints for the Benelux market and communicating these needs to the wider organisation.
- Creating the plan and time schedule from day one until launch
- Mapping the steps and tasks to be completed by each stake holder and constantly monitoring the status of the launch readiness in high level of detail and adjusting the planning accordingly.
- Being the bridge between the teams: Leading the conversations with agencies (Hogarth) and Group for assets, campaign kits, documents.
- Tracking the priorities and daily/weekly/monthly tasks and taking action towards what is needed.
- Delivering the asset/document/information required by other teams and supporting them with their needs for a successful NPD launch.
Campaigns: Working with agencies, supporting on execution of various campaigns
- Helping to build up relevance and awareness for Environmental Care and Lighting through integrated media activities (digital, influencers, press, ATL)
- Supporting the communication with agencies on all campaigns (Mindshare and external agencies).
- Mapping the requirements for the campaign (assets, localizations, information, documents), developing an action plan and executing it.
- Driving delivery of the plan working collaboratively with the internal teams, agencies and Group marketing, Environmental Care teams.
- Ensuring timely execution of all planned activities by ordering and delivering the requirements on time.
Drive commercial success by fully understanding the market, consumer, influencers, competitors and retail customers in the Environmental Care category
- Assisting relevant research with Insights Manager to understand the profile of the Dyson Environmental Care and lighting customers and drivers of purchase and deliver clear and actionable insights.
- Assisting the Marketing Manager on how to use the gathered data and benefit from it.
- Conducting in any competitor analysis projects, reviewing competition, competitor products etc. to ensure appropriate business response.
Sell out support: Assisting on driving the commercial success for the Environmental Care and Lighting category
- Contributing to develop and deliver the marketing/communication plan to the Direct and Indirect teams.
- Conducting online and offline brand audits, collaborating with the Physical Activation team and E-com teams to achieve 5 star in-store customer journey and online perfect product pages for the Environmental Care category.
- Analysing the various campaigns with direct team to understand the effectiveness of communications activity to prove the benefit to the business.
- Understanding the reasons for the dynamics and KPIs for the Environmental Care category and develop an action plan with the web team in order to improve the online customer journey.
- Agreeing on third party retail communication, activation and promotions to respective KAM and trade marketing team.
Fulfil other duties as required
- Tracking Brand Building Investments and assisting the Marketing Manager with the budget when needed.
- Ensuring solid cooperation with other category teams, sales, digital, direct, retail marketing, Group and other EU market hubs.
- Minimum 2-3 years in relevant fields brand, agency, marketing beauty, health, tech
- Minimum degree: University of Applied Science (HBO), Bachelor’s in business or equivalent (Marketing/ Communication)
- Independent self-starter
- Organised with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Good in building relationships
- Committed team player who is flexible and willing to go beyond job description
- Calm under pressure who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong MS office skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- French is a strong bonus
- Competitive Salary Package
- Discount on Dyson products
- Company Pension scheme
- 29 days annual holiday plan
- Company Fitness plan
- EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)
- Life Assurance Plan
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.