- Sydney - Australia
Our technology is unique and complex, so it’s up to us to explain it clearly. Working in-house, directly with engineers and the broader business, we create inspirational communications that showcase our technology.
Our commercial strategies should launch our pioneering technologies and explain why they are better as simply and clearly as possible. We create customer and owner experiences that are authentic and uniquely Dyson.
About the role
The purpose of this position is to manage the brand and products in the Professional portfolio (including Airblade, Lighting, Floor Care, Environmental Control and Beauty categories) across Australia & New Zealand. This role is responsible for owning and delivering strategic and tactical projects to help drive leads, sales and awareness of the Professional Portfolio in Australia and New Zealand.
Lead development of Category Annual Brand and Execution Plan
- Development of Annual Brand and Execution Plans for Professional and Lighting in alignment with overall business objectives with approval from Professional Director
- Conduct full market appraisal to steer Marketing strategy (Professional)
- Optimise existing global marketing strategy for local interpretation
- Raise awareness of Dyson within relevant business verticals appropriate for our product range.
- Raise awareness of the Dyson Professional products within the Architect community via networking events, press, digital and social media.
- Drive awareness within the Facilities Manager community via the right tradeshows and ownership of the digital space.
- Work closely with Events team to develop and roll out trade show stands for relevant B2B events and new product launches
- Implement the global digital marketing strategy including PPC/GDN, Social Media Advertising and programmatic in ANZ and work alongside the Group digital team to optimize performance.
- Develop & implement CRM campaigns by working with the Group marketing team. Including setting strategy, obtaining data, producing creative and deploying campaigns
- Implement marketing campaigns rolled out by global Dyson. Including legal approvals, localisation, consultation on market requirements, briefing and booking media, ordering and despatching assets and post campaign review.
- Work closely with PR to ensure maximum exposure of the professional range and minimise any negative coverage from the paper towel industry
- Ensure that the right assets are available to the sales team, Architects, distributors and Clients
- Ensure that the website is up to date with relevant material
Building Winning B2B and Distributor Sales Partnerships
- Ensure distributor sales teams are knowledgeable and passionate about Airblade technology via the development and implementation of B2B sales training events.
- Work alongside the Dyson Professional sales teams to develop joint marketing programs with distributors to include co-branded literature, POS and communication to their database via telemarketing/CRM/direct mail.
- Scheduled regular telephone meetings with Global Marketing to stay abreast of international marketing initiatives and to share ideas.
- Ensure that the Dyson sales team and distributor sales teams have the sales and marketing collateral required to drive sales.
- Work cross functionally, with sales to deliver retailer/trade launch presentations to gain buy-in for Professional NPD
- Present new product launches to Professional sales team, internal staff and assist with training outline for Academy
- Ensure all brand collateral is updated with correct NPD information and current
- Develop internal launch kit, providing all product information relevant for the sales team to execute a successful launch
Professional Range Planning for AU & NZ
- Range planning for ANZ whilst shaping and influencing volume forecasts and finances to ensure project is commercially viable.
- Manage the category budget and ensure all spend is within forecasted BBI
- Provide comprehensive market data, trends and consumer insight to the project team.
- Work closely with Group product team to define the optimum product positioning, and the most appealing communication for products to ensure that it is seen as a true Dyson product and has maximum consumer and B2B appeal. Be the key marketing contact for new products.
- Conduct user trials on prototype machines to develop understanding of usage and attitudes to drive product development and product communication.
Research and Analysis
- Undertake research and market analysis to deliver actionable insights with the Business Analyst team
- Manage research initiatives to validate Marketing Campaigns where required
- Manage ad-hoc research requirements
- Conduct Post Analysis on Marketing Campaign initiative
- Have full understanding of Dyson technology on all products.
- To be the brand champion, providing guidance to all areas of the business on the correct way to represent our brand, NPD and existing products in all communication.
Manage Inside Sales Executives
- Manage a team of two inside sales executives whose role is to close inbound smaller opportunities, fill pipeline with opportunities and drive awareness of our business division and products
- Set strategy and execution plan to reach targets
- Train and coach team to motivate and get the best results
- Arrange regular catch ups with ISE with yourself and other team members to review results and optimize
- Manage budgets as they relate to the product category, to ensure they are within approved P&L.
- Pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Provide assistance to the Professional Director for reporting and presentations
- Support the sales team to drive sales results
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Marketing or related degree (business/marketing)
- Ability to juggle a heavy workload, across multiple areas and focused on delivering to plan
- Assertive, engaging, driven and dynamic
- Rational and common-sense thinker
- Demonstrate a passion for Dyson products – understands why they are different
- Strong analytical skills, sound commercial acumen and numerate
- Team player who is flexible and willing to go beyond the job description
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.