- United States - Chicago Office
A Marketing Manager with Dyson is a fully dedicated business leader, shaping the future of the Dyson business in the US market. As a Marketing leader, taking part in a complete marketing experience while leading every facet of a product or a project’s journey including: positioning, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, helping to shape the brand and help it grow. Working with a cross-functional team across Sales, Dyson Direct, Legal, Graphics, Retail Marketing, Channel, Finance and the Commercial team in the UK are essential. Involvement in a highly competitive market, executing strategies from beginning to end are imperative. The role’s major function is to help facilitate our GTM Floor Care category strategies from conception through execution here in the US and supporting the Category Director and category team.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES
Develop and execute clear and compelling GTM plans which will drive incremental sales growth, share gains and positive brand attributes
- Develop innovative and non-traditional ways to go to market to support brand objectives
- Work with strategy and finance partners to develop long-term vision and growth for category
- Work with internal marketing partners to develop effective brand communications including Online and In-store distribution channels; work with Sr. Category Manager and Category Director to manage media plan for category
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to execute go-to-market plans including new product launches, advertising creative, , pricing, in-store execution, point of sale, promotions etc.
- Work effectively with the Global team to ensure that there is alignment wherever possible and sensible
- Provide annual market share targets and report on progress monthly
- Forecast volume for new product introductions
- Support Sales and Dyson Direct teams in achieving sell-in and sell-out goals
- Support category P&L; deliver against goals and objectives
Manage all aspects of bringing new products and technology to market to ensure successful launches
- Design SKU builds
- Be the internal champion for the product
- Assist with the design of packaging and retail point-of-sale messaging strategies
- Work with sales partners to develop and activate range plans, marketing plans and trade activation and drive retailer compliance in stores.
- Drive organizational training to ensure internal understanding and advocacy of the technology
- Partner with Retail team to develop and deliver sales presentations and materials to ensure retail success
- Partner with Retail team to track and analyze in-market implementation
- Evaluate ROI of promo and marketing campaigns and adjust plans as necessary
- Evaluate and action upon market share changes and competitive threats
Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit; must be able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed
- Be passionate about the product; this person needs to be passionate about Dyson, technology and engineering.
- Project management skills; this person must be able to manage budgets and deadlines – and plan, achieve and evaluate results individually and through others.
- Natural ability to build and nurture internal and external relationships with valued business partners
- Ability to travel occasionally as required.
Experience and Education
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or 5-7 years of equivalent work experience in strategic brand marketing at a manager level and experience with consumer products (hard goods) and/or retail required.
- A CPG background is strongly preferred but would be open to non-traditional CPG experience such as electronics, beauty, lifestyle marketing experience, specifically with an understanding of the premium / luxury market.
- Influencing skills; this person will have the ability to lead cross functionally and influence up, down and across the business.
- Problem Solving; must be able to critically analyze data and tackle problems and present viable solutions.
- Team player; able to manage and motivate people, this person is able to build strong relationships with a wide range of people (across all Dyson markets). This person works cooperatively across the business and puts the good of the business above their own career interests.
- Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
- Creativity; this person needs to guide and challenge a team responsible for managing a dynamic brand. They need to be open to new ideas, adventurous and practical simultaneously.
- Flexibility; this person will need to adaptable, be open to taking on more and have the ability to adapt plans and direction as the business indicates.
- Ingenious - An innovative yet objective thinker
- Explorer - Demonstrates a ‘can do’ / entrepreneurial attitude
- Shrewd - Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- Fighter – Driven to get the best result. Challenges themselves and others
- Architect- A leader; sets direction, provides clarity, sets standards, measures, motivates and inspires
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.