- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Our technology is unique and complex, so it’s up to us to explain it clearly. Working in-house, directly with engineers and the broader business, we create inspirational communications that showcase our technology. Our commercial strategies should launch our pioneering technologies and explain why they are better as simply and clearly as possible. We create customer and owner experiences that are authentic and uniquely Dyson.
Our Environmental Care category is now over ten years old; inaugurated by the world’s first bladeless fan and now focused on market-leading air treatment and connected lighting technology. As a category, our vision is to improve the well-being of millions of Dyson owners each year through better technology and to become a trusted voice in air quality.
Please note we do not offer hybrid/remote working for this position.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join our Markets team working closely with the Markets within the Americas region. Based at our Malmesbury campus, you will work also with our Group Campaign, Product, Engineering, and Operations teams, acting as the voice of the markets, distilling market insights into meaningful actions and championing market best practices where needed. You will actively seek out opportunities across the full breadth of commercial activity, being an advocate for the Americas, ensuring they are kept front of mind and supporting them as needed, ensuring they have a voice in Group conversations.
You will work closely with the markets across several initiatives, including ranging, NPD launch planning, campaign delivery and media activation, supporting our Head of Category on future ranging/distribution proposals and business cases. You will provide input into forecasting to align with budgeting and demand planning, as well as engaging with the wider business to highlight risks and opportunities for the markets. You will champion market insights and work closely with our Claims & Performance and Legal teams to ensure alignment on our market-leading product claims.
We’ll want you to connect the Americas to wider global NPD and campaign initiatives that may benefit the region’s growth plans, as well as sharing market competitor, audience, and post campaign insights back into the Group function. You’ll be the voice of the markets across multiple forums across the business and regions.
- At least two years of product marketing/commercial marketing experience
- Excellent account management, stakeholder management, project management and planning skills
- A confident communicator and collaborator across a wide range of teams, able to translate complex information before sharing with markets
- Able to drive decisions across product and ranging, with data led insight
- A strong negotiator, persuasive, organised, engaged, relentless and commercially astute
- A team player, with credibility and integrity, able to manage multiple priorities
- Understands how to manage change, able to work across a range of markets and outlooks
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.