- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Stores across the country.
About the Role:
A Marketing Manager with Dyson is a fully dedicated business leader, shaping the future of the Dyson Hair Care business in the US market. As a Marketing leader, the Marketing Manager will take part in a complete marketing experience while leading every facet of a product or a project’s journey including: positioning, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, helping to shape the brand and help it grow. Working with a cross-functional team across Sales, PR/Communications, Legal, Graphics, Retailing Marketing, Commercial team in the UK and more are essential. Involvement in a highly competitive market, and executing strategies from beginning to end, are imperative. The role’s major function is to help facilitate our category launches from conception through execution here in the US, leading new marketing campaigns in close partnership with Center of Excellence and Media teams, and supporting the Category Director and category team.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES
Develop and execute clear and compelling marketing plans which will drive incremental sales growth, share gains and positive brand attributes
- Develop innovative and non-traditional ways to go to market to support brand objectives
- Work with strategy and finance partners to develop long-term vision and growth for category
- Work with internal marketing partners to develop effective brand communications including Traditional and Digital media channels; work with Category Director to manage media plan for category
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to execute go-to-market plans including new product launches, advertising creative, media planning, public relations, in-store execution, point of sale, promotions etc.
- Work effectively with the Global team to ensure that there is alignment wherever possible and sensible
- Develop and drive creative briefs for both wholly new and revamped campaigns, partnering closely with Center of Excellence (Creative) teams.
- Assist Senior Marketing Manager and Director with management of category P&L; deliver against goals and objectives
Manage all aspects of bringing new products and technology to market to ensure successful launches
- Be the internal champion for the product
- Drive organizational training to ensure internal understanding and advocacy of the technology
- Partner with Retail team and Commercial side of the category team to develop and deliver sales presentations and materials to ensure retail success
- Partner with Retail team to track and analyze in-market implementation
- Evaluate ROI of marketing campaigns and adjust plans as necessary
Own and drive the category against budget
- Partner with Finance, Senior Marketing Manager and Director to shepherd the annual marketing planning and budgeting process for assigned category
- Manage the category budget, including brand building and retail marketing investments and plans throughout the year
Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit; must be able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed
- Be passionate about the product; this person needs to be passionate about Dyson, technology and engineering.
- Project management skills; this person must be able to manage budgets and deadlines – and plan, achieve and evaluate results individually and through others.
- Analytical; this person must be able to work closely with the insights team to process and evaluate available data and apply it to optimizing campaign work.
- Ability to travel occasionally as required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or 5-7 years of equivalent work experience in strategic brand marketing at a manager level and experience with consumer products (hard goods) and/or retail required.
- A CPG background is strongly preferred but would be open to non-traditional CPG experience such as electronics, beauty, lifestyle marketing experience, specifically with an understanding of the premium / luxury market.
- Experience managing P&L, media and budget required.
- Influencing skills; this person will have the ability to lead cross functionally and influence up, down and across the business.
- Problem Solving; must be able to critically analyze data and tackle problems and present viable solutions.
- Team player; able to manage and motivate people, this person is able to build strong relationships with a wide range of people (across all Dyson markets). This person works cooperatively across the business and puts the good of the business above their own career interests.
- Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
- Creativity; this person needs to guide and challenge a team responsible for managing a dynamic brand. They need to be open to new ideas, adventurous and practical simultaneously.
- Flexibility; this person will need to adaptable, be open to taking on more and have the ability to adapt plans and direction as the business indicates.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.