- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is a technology and engineering pioneer and currently operates in the categories of Floorcare, Environmental Control (“Air Multiplier” bladeless fans/heaters/humidifiers/purifiers), Lighting, and Professional (“Airblade” hand dryers). Dyson began 27 years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better.
Dyson invented the world’s first bagless vacuum with Root Cyclone™ technology, and also the bladeless fans with Air Amplifier™ technology. Currently, Dyson holds 4,550 patents and patents holding, and have a team of over 2,000 engineers and scientists. Dyson also holds a Queen’s Award for Innovation.
Dyson vacuum cleaners are now available in 70 countries worldwide, and on average one machine is sold every 5 seconds. 90% of our machines are sold overseas, this was 30% just 10 years ago. Dyson was recently awarded the Queen’s Award for International Trade, which reflects the company’s growth over the last few years. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer by value in the UK, US, Western Europe, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, and Australia.
“That’s really what Dyson is all about – new thinking to solve everyday problems.” - James Dyson
About the role
Working as an expert within the APAC region they will gather local market insights to initiate new projects or optimise existing projects for their region. They will be accountable for delivering strategic solutions to projects that are appropriate for their regions and enabling opportunities in market to be identified within the categories annual Statement of Work (SoW). This will involve supporting the Senior Commercial Manager in developing the communications and marketing strategy for the category in region for the next 2-4 years, ensuring campaign messaging is innovative, financially sound and successful in market. This role will work closely with the Market Category teams, Group NPD and Campaigns team to ensure local campaigns are aligned with product launches and other campaigns and that the local voice is heard in global launches. This role reports to the Senior Commercial Manager (SCM) – APAC and is part of the Group Haircare Markets team. This role can be based in Singapore or in the UK.
- Commercial Manager – Haircare, APAC will always have the questions below in the forefront of their minds when making decisions: How will our products and campaigns succeed in market?
- Does this work support the strategic objectives for the region for the next 1-3 years?
- Are the insights and objectives for a project thoroughly thought out and considered in context with the wider strategy of the category?
- How can I ensure the consumers view of the category is supported with individual projects and the supplementation of market specific insights?
- Are we on the right path to deliver our marketing goals? What interventions need to be made for our plan in this market in the short, mid and long term?
- The role supports the development of the communications strategy for the next 2-5 years for a given region.
This role is responsible for identifying local insights, consumer behaviour and media insights that can ensure that projects will work for the local regions and supports the Senior Commercial Manager to drive the strategic direction of the category in APAC, as well as:
- Work closely with market teams in region to ensure that specific local insights and consumer information is being used to generate new projects and optimise briefs as appropriate. Support with the delivery of the regional and local projects.
- Work closely with Brand/ Category Managers within region to ensure that local thinking is being fed into annual planning and the generation of new projects.
- Work closely with the COE, NPD and Campaigns team to assess opportunities in resource, cost and time to deliver projects of strategic importance for the region and category.
- Interrogate local market thinking to ensure that what markets want is right for the region and category. Optimise these ideas where appropriate...
- Support the Senior Commercial Manager to prioritise projects within the region and support prioritisation within Group.
- Support the Senior Commercial Manager to plan the direction for the category in region beyond the 0-1 year horizon.
- Work closely with Brand/ Category Managers within region to drive strategic thinking into market planning to generate new projects and feed into longer term NPD projects.
- Ensure that markets are forecasting their plans into the 18 month horizon. Work closely with markets to adapt plans in order to hit the aligned marketing goals for market and category.
- Work closely with COEs and Programme Managers to ensure that projects are achievable based on our internal resource.
- Analyse local market performance and forecasting.
- Analyse market performance in relation to campaigns and products performance.
- Track category performance via market data (e.g. NPD or GfK) to identify trends in seasonality and pricing ii. Highlight sub-category performance and support the SCM to make recommendations on how it impacts capacity and future component purchasing.
- Proven track record of challenging the status quo, and deliver innovating solutions to the problems that we face
- Experience of driving campaign development and delivery on a local or global scale and drive ROI.
- Experience of employing data and insights to support and drive decisions with stakeholders across product or campaigns. Ability to persuade and negotiate across a range of seniority levels.
- Organised, engaged, relentless and commercially astute with the potential to generate and stimulate ideas and opportunities.
- Able to make time sensitive decisions under pressure.
- Strong project management and planning skills. Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and ensure that deliverables are completed on time and with senior stakeholder agreement.
- Exceptional team player with credibility and integrity to earn peer, senior management and cross-functional team confidence quickly, who is flexible and willing to go beyond job description.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Understanding of working across a range of markets and market outlooks.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.