- Hong Kong - Office
About the role:
Category strategy and brand management:
- Develop long term vision and commercial plan to grow Dyson through ranging management
- Lead the category by bringing to life Dyson’s unique technology and meeting consumer unmet needs at every touchpoint
- Understand and deep dive business dynamics, independently conduct business analysis, such as market share, pricing, competition, retail, consumer segmentation, brand health, etc.
- Partner and influence Group leadership team to develop the products, proposition and creative to deliver for the local market & business;
- Demonstrate agility in proactively adapting plans to market changes, developing and executing tactical plans, in line with category strategy, to accelerate the business growth and sales target;
- Collaborate with cross functions, such as sales, e-commerce, customer service, supply chain, engineers, PR, etc. to maximize business results;
- Assess the business performance of the category and work with sales team and distributors to develop joint strategies for these categories.
New category creation:
- Independently manage new product development launch initiatives;
- Build and identify the commercial opportunities based on insights and data;
- Drive innovative and pioneering launch plans to build new consumer needs at a large fast paced scale;
- Initiate consumer insight and research to build “game changing” campaign communication approaches;
- Work closely with the global commercial team and engineers to seek for continuous improvement of the products, and consumer experience;
- Build and curate the product ranges that meet consumer and market landscape needs
Communication strategy development and implementation:
- Translate business objective and consumer barriers/triggers into a strong communication strategy.
- Work with agency partners & content creators to deliver localized content and help deliver business & communications objectives
- Work with media agency to media strategy, channels and continuously optimize media spend and track against measurable trackers
- Closely work with Group commercial team to develop communication plan, and convert into executions;
- Own and approve all category communication assets. Track and review perfect merchandising at offline & online channels
- Work with claims & performance team to define performance claims that resonates with local consumer insight, develop compelling category proposition, whist meeting market industry standards
Build, develop and promote an effective team
- Inspire, lead and motivate the wider functional and Group team
- Develop and upskill the team – on the jobs and through regular feedback, 1:1’s, agreed objectives
- Manage processes to ensure the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals.
- Governance of category budget
- Drive & monitor effective spending through KPIs measurement
- Manage category P&L, through a full understanding of product lines, and stimulate demand
Fulfil other duties as required
- Pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Promote and demonstrate Dyson behaviours
- Minimum of 8 years of marketing and category management experience.
- Experience of working in MNC and international environment.
- Team management experience.
- P&L management of large scale budgets.
- Specialized in category building including new technology launches.
- Experience in FMCG, healthcare, medical industry, consumer electronics and/or technology industry preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with ability in translating data into business opportunity efficiency.
- Team player with ability to engage and motivate people.
- Ability to plan and deliver strategic initiatives.
- Effective communicator with strong presentation skills.
- Strong team leadership & influential skills.
- A visible passion for product.
- Able to manage through complexity.
- Approachable and supportive.
- Fluency in spoken English and Chinese including Mandarin.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.