- Canada - Toronto Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in Canada in 2006 with our headquarters in the heart of Toronto, where we’ve been recognized as one of the top employers to work for. In recent years, we’ve expanded our reach and grown exponentially across many teams, from digital and direct, to field sales, and our growing number of Dyson Demo stores.
Bringing brand new technology to life – and to the world – requires inventive marketing, clarity of message, vast reach and engagement in more innovative ways. Working closely with our engineers, our marketers develop powerful claims through scientific research and leverage traditional channels, cutting-edge digital technology, events, retail experiences and PR to seize every chance to tell the Dyson story.
Reporting to the Senior Brand Manager, Floorcare , you will be supporting the management of Dyson’s largest portfolio, including assisting in the strategic direction of the vacuum category, responsible for launching the innovation pipeline and leading the development and execution of product and category marketing plans. You will be provided with the hands-on learning and support you need to rise to the challenge and take full advantage of this exciting growth opportunity. You will have exposure to all areas of marketing (Category management, Retail, Media and Communications), and will work closely with the Direct Sales, National Account Sales and Field Sales teams to drive incremental sales growth, market share gains, and brand equity and differentiation.
About the Role:
- Support category product and innovation range planning
- Work with multiple teams to develop and execute multi-channel marketing plans and assets for new product launches
- Develop media briefs alongside media team and agencies to deliver against media objectives
- Manage all Canadian image, graphics, video and packaging assets working with Dyson UK and Americas regional partners and local agencies.
- Coordinate strategy with global team/supply chain and monitor each SKUs progression to market from brief to start of sell
- Conduct in-depth analysis of competitors, market, consumers, products, and shipments to garner insights, feed into go-to-market plans, and develop strategic initiatives
- Analyze and present results that track performance, identify issues, trends and opportunities, and continuously improve programs
- Develop business insights using various tracking tools
- Work with sales partners to develop and activate range plans, marketing plans and trade activation, including retailer compliance in stores
- Partner with Finance to lead the annual marketing planning and budgeting process
- Manage and track budgets to ensure programs meet objectives and provide finance with accurate and timely reporting
A dynamic, enthusiastic and collaborative professional who -
- Has a university degree and at least 2 years of experience in a similar Marketing Manager role
- Is passionate about building premium consumer and technology brands
- Is dynamic, energetic and results-driven with a sense of urgency
- Is a broad thinker with the ability to conduct in-depth analysis, identify the root cause of complex problems, and generate creative solutions
- Able to succinctly summarize data, provide insightful commentary, and communicate with impact
- Has strong attention to detail and commitment to superb execution
- Works well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where initiative, leadership, influence and flexibility are drivers for success
- Successfully builds and maintains relationships in a collaborative team environment
- Computer skills, with a comprehensive knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Dyson Matching RSP contributions
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Floater Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Generous Maternity Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.