- £19,000 per annum (pro-rated)
- Global, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Our Marketing and Creative teams launch our latest machines to the world, bringing our problem-solving technology to life in engaging ways. Thankfully, we don’t need marketing gimmicks or clichés because we have fact and engineering superiority on our side. Our in-house agency ensures consistency in brand, advertising, packaging, retail, events and digital across our global markets. During your 12 months you’ll be immersed in the heart of our strategic commercial activities, in which you could be working directly with specialists in direct digital, ecommerce, analytics, social media and retail.
AccountabilitiesOver the course of the year-long placement you’ll make valuable contributions from day one, rotating in our retail, digital or product categories such as Health and Beauty or Floor Care. You’ll be responsible for key missions that support the wider team and at the same time learning about our processes and methodologies to build your knowledge of a complex, Global marketing function. More specifically, you should expect to be involved with some of the following during your time with us:
- Collating copy for specific campaigns and new product launches, ensuring correct approval protocols are followed
- Analysing sales and customer insights data to pull out key findings to inform future marketing strategy
- Acting as a runner on TV and photographic shoots for new campaign collateral
- Assisting the Senior commercial managers in preparing for Executive team reviews
- Obtaining sign off on suite of marketing assets such as brochures, press adverts, digital content
- Working in cross functional teams you’ll work with teams from digital, advertising and PR to deliver projects on time and to budget
For the duration of your placement, your impact will be reviewed with regular performance conversations as well as opportunities for development enabling you to build your reputation within the commercial team, and this could be just the start. We’ll be looking to offer our high performing interns to return on our graduate programme as an International Commercial Executive.
SkillsYou'll be an undergraduate seeking a 12-month marketing placement and graduating in 2021. We’ll expect a lot from you. And no day will be the same as the last.
Your degree discipline can be in any business subject area. Attitude is important to us and so we'll want to see your understanding of a marketing function and your motivation to explore a career in this area.
Numeracy and analytical skills are a must; you'll be comfortable undertaking research, compiling findings and writing content. You'll be expected to present ideas and take part in discussions with marketing colleagues so you'll be articulate, quick to build credibility with a professional, have-a-go approach.
You'll need to be able to work equally well in a team as well as on your own initiative. Skilled at building relationships, you’ll be making networks, collaborating as required.
Due to our continued global expansion, the desire to work with a global business is preferred, and languages would be a bonus.
- 27 days holiday (pro-rated) plus bank holidays
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Performance related bonus
- Free on-site parking
Assessment dates: May & early June
Start date: 24th June 2019