- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Chicago - USA
As a constantly growing engineering and technology company, Dyson requires activations across new channels; better differentiation and control of our current channels; and, most importantly, ownership delivering best-in-class Dyson experiences pre, during and post purchase.
We are looking for our next Marketing Project specialist who will support Marketing and Sales teams with execution of new product launches and marketing campaigns
Manage cross-functional projects in a rapidly changing environment
- Facilitate good project management as it relates to the key aspects; communication, understanding, timing, cost and post-mortem analysis for product launches and campaign management
- Work collaboratively across the sales and marketing functions to support both new and current product ranges
Coordinate New Product Launches
- Become a product expert. Learn how to communicate dyson technology to internal teams, retailers and customers.
- Partner with the Global team on all product launches, ensuring that they have the best understanding of US retailers and consumers and work to get the right assets needed
- Partner with Sales account managers to ensure that dyson products are represented in the best interests of the brand, the retailer and the customer
- Manage creative asset development via written briefs, project status, creative edits, etc.
- Manage feasibility signoff and production requirements for exclusive SKUs from concept to launch
Manage Sales training, events, and partnerships
- Ensure that marketing and sales channels have the tools, knowledge and assets to execute excellent campaign plans
- Train internal team and demonstrators on product capabilities and positioning to help drive sales in store
- Oversee event management and execution both internally and externally. Travel required.
Inform business decision making process
- Analyze and interpret market data regularly and execute monthly business reports to empower the business with valuable information to make decisions
- Own and drive projects through to completion - corralling internal stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely execution
- Assist in competitive and consumer insight studies
Develop and execute processes
- Work with the Marketing Manager to ensure that any issues are escalated, communicated and resolved in an appropriate manner
- Develop methods to report status of projects to the team, manage status communication and ensure that every opportunity is given for the team to understand project activity
Fulfill other duties as required
- Take initiative. Relish the opportunity of starting or picking up new work autonomously.
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing or related discipline
- Experience in a Marketing team or agency
- Experience launching products to consumers with media, research, packaging, and creative development knowledge preferred
- Experience working with a brand team and/or sales team
- Management of campaign
- Strong interpersonal skills with an enthusiastic, high energy personality
- Must be adaptable to a fast paced and changing department and have the robustness to recover from unexpected outcomes
- Ability to foresee and react quickly to business needs to help improve its function
- Have curiosity and initiative to explore and learn
- Attention to detail and accuracy in reporting
- Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; must be able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed.
- Be passionate about the product; this person needs to be enthusiastic about Dyson, technology and engineering.
- Project management skills; this person must be able to plan, achieve and evaluate results individually and through others.
- Influencing skills; this person will have the ability to lead cross functionally and influence up, down and across the business.
- Presentation skills; this person must represent category and brand to internal and external teams.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and desire to help make clearly communicated presentations
- Data numerate. Able to analyse data and interpret quickly to inform decisions
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to travel occasionally as required
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.