- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with an additional office in Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the role:
Support Sales and Marketing teams with execution of new product launches and marketing campaigns
Support cross-functional projects in a rapidly changing environment
- Work collaboratively across the sales and marketing functions to support both new and current product ranges
- Partner with the Global team on all product launches, ensuring that they have the best understanding of your market needs
- Support the facilitation of good project management as it relates to the key aspects; communication, understanding, timing, cost and post-mortem analysis
- Own and drive projects through to completion - corralling internal stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely execution
Inform business decision making process
- Analyze and interpret market data regularly and execute monthly business reports to empower the business with valuable information to make decisions
- Become a product expert. Learn how to communicate Dyson technology to internal teams, retailers and customers
- Partner with Sales account managers to ensure that Dyson products are represented in the best interests of the brand, the retailer and the customer
- Ensure that marketing and sales channels have the tools, knowledge and assets to execute excellent campaign plans
Provide multi-level support to Marketing team
- Help to lead special projects or product launches
- Help to ensure feasibility signoff and production requirements for exclusive SKUs from concept to launch.
- Assist in market and consumer insight studies
Develop and execute processes
- Work with the Marketing Manager and Associate Marketing Manager to ensure that any issues are escalated, communicated and resolved in an appropriate manner
- Provide methods for the reporting of the status of projects to the department, manage status communication and ensure that every opportunity is given for the team to understand project activity
Fulfill other duties as required
- Take initiative. Relish the opportunity of starting or picking up new work autonomously.
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or 1-2 years of related experience
- Some experience in a Marketing or creative environment preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with an enthusiastic, high energy personality
- Must be adaptable to a fast paced and changing department and have the robustness to recover from unexpected outcomes
- Ability to foresee and react quickly to business needs to help improve its function
- Curiosity and initiative to explore and learn
- Attention to detail and accuracy in reporting
- Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; must be able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed.
- Be passionate about the product; this person needs to be enthusiastic about Dyson, technology and engineering.
- Project management skills; this person must be able to plan, achieve and evaluate results individually and through others.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Word and Power point
- Data numerate. Able to analyze data and interpret quickly to inform decisions
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to travel occasionally as required.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.