- Dyson Services
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
About the role:
This role forms a critical part of success for the new established Dyson Business Services (DBS) and an enabler of the future operating model. This role reports to Director of Capabilities.
The DBS organization provides process and service excellence to support the Company with a goal of delivering strategic value, innovating and enhancing services over time to meet the changing needs of the business. The Master Data Manager should be a strong and proactive leader with a transformational mindset and strong master data management (MDM) delivery record. This individual will manage delivery of MDM projects across the Company, as well as manage day to day operations delivered by an outsourcing partner. As a result, this role will deliver transformative performance improvements, improve the way people work and elevate customer experience. This person will use their experience in process transformation and technology application to increase quality of master data and enable data driven decision making.
The role is responsible for:
- Act as business partner for MDM globally
- Hold to account the outsourcing partner to ensure MDM processes, business rules, policies, standards and service level agreements are adhered to. Provide support where appropriate
- Manage the outsourcing partner to ensure MDM issues are effectively remedied according to service level agreements.
- Manage business development and improvement projects, where there is an MDM dependency, ensuring that they are delivered on time and in line with project objectives
Continous improvement and transformation
- Design and drive the transformational journey for MDM, including RPA, artificial intelligence and predictive analytics
- Lead various continuous improvement and transformation projects for master data
- Find new initiatives and encourage the team to find new ways of managing delivery and improving quality of data
- Design solutions, determine project requirements, allocate workloads, ensure adherence to deadlines and milestones, oversee the completion of technical activities, and plan and execute effective business change management activities and related communications
- Provide MDM subject matter expert guidance and support to the global business.
- Define and deliver change management activities to support both new and changes to existing MDM processes
Outsourcing partner management:
- Managing the day to day relationship with outsourcing partner, providing support where appropriate
- Managing to outcome to fulfil MDM service obligations using performance metrics to monitor that outcomes in accordance with service level agreements and agreed governance controls
- Work with the outsourcing partner and operational teams, review and discuss results and working in partnership to drive for improvements in performance (achieve targets, resolve queries promptly etc.).
- Direct the outsourcing partner to effectively modify MDM processes and procedures to reflect new requirements resulting from both inbound business change initiatives and other requirements, e.g. process governance improvements
Governance and performance management
- Serve as an escalation point for any master data issues raised by the partner or the business
- Manage relationships with global stakeholders
- Monitor and share with stakeholders results of performance, solve issues, manage risks
- Act as the custodian of data including governance, integrity and quality
- Be an advocate for effective MDM, communicating (and enforcing if necessary) the rules to ensure they are consistently applied
- Define procedures and business rules to develop effective master data governance disciplines
- Ensure that MDM process and governance documentation is in place and that governance is effective and kept up to date.
Who you are:
- An experienced lead of master data management transformation with experience of delivery in GBS organisation, supported by a 3rd party outsourcer
- Experience in a similar role, where you managed supplier, vendor, customer and other types of data, preferably in customer goods industry
- Expert knowledge of the function of master data in ERP systems (S/4 HANA and MDG
- You understand data flows, finance and procurement processes, especially within SAP (S/4Hana) environment
- You have a track record of delivery of significant changes to processes, technology and ways of working that deliver value to the business and increase efficiency and effectiveness of GBS organisation
- Experienced in identifying master data improvement opportunities, enable process redesign and applying innovative and creative solutions to solve issues
- You understand how new technologies can be applied to improve processes, elevate customer experience and drive cost to serve down
- You are energetic and assertive, collaborative, resilient and motivated by challenges
- You have great communication skills, can influence solution and showcase value of quality master data
- Flexibility to respond to business pressures and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals and teams both cross-functionality and geographically
- You are comfortable with ambiguity
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.