- Manufacturing and tooling
- Calamba - Philippines
About the roleMaterial Engineer (Resin/Metal)
- Collaborate with RDD teams in support product development to ensure the material selection is suitable for the part. Liaise with the relevant material suppliers to source or develop the right the material for application.
- Support trial activities (molded plastic/metal).
- Collaboration with material suppliers on materials deliveries and related documents during pre-production stage
- Investigation of defect’s cause and implementation of countermeasures
- Identify improvements in existing products, procedures and process which eliminate non-conformance report
- Perform root cause analysis/investigations, coordinate failure analysis activities, and recommend mitigation methods for materials related issues
- Accountable for colour approval articles and upkeep of necessary documents
- Provide materials information and technical support to assist operation team when required
- Ad-hoc duties as per assigned by line manager
- End to end color material, finishing management system
- With degree in engineering/material science/chemistry with knowledge or expertise of plastic industry
- 1 to 2 years of experience in plastic processing (tooling of injection mold, plastic compounding)
- Practical with hands-on approach and excellent problem solving skills, plastic parts failure analysis
- Possess good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Excellent understanding of polymer and material selection, design approach
- Self-starter who can set own goals and direction with minimal supervision
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.