- Design and Development
- Malaysia - Development Centre
At Dyson we are obsessed with continuously making things better, pushing the boundaries of what others have defined as impossible. We do this by making products that solve real world problems using both novel technologies and established technologies, in new and innovative ways. Integrating these technologies into a product and ensuring that we are delivering market leading performance to our customers is a challenging job, and one that takes specialist skills. That is where the Technology Development team comes in.
Working as part of a small team you will be responsible for the product performance analysis in our Environmental Care Category. You will be working alongside the design and functional teams to create new ways to measure and predict key performance parameters; and ensure that our technologies are up to meeting their ambitious targets. You will use a mixture of simulation, test and engineering judgement to solve the problems that arise as we develop our technologies and products. You will work alongside with your UK counterparts to pick projects up from an early design stage and take them through to production.
About the role
- Identify and manage product and category level challenges associated with product robustness, reliability and resolve them successfully across range.
- Work side by side with the Design Managers, functional teams, design engineers and claims team on allocated projects, taking a lead role and responsibility for the area of simulation and structural analysis.
- Use experimental validation and other relevant analysis methods and tools to validate our understanding and solutions.
- Support the development of verification and validation framework for the Engineering Analysis team.
- Mentor and lead others in the area of simulation & modelling.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with design engineers and broader cross teams on all levels.
- You will work closely with your counterpart team in the UK; with the opportunity to travel to Dyson’s UK site for project and knowledge transfer.
- University Degree or Master in Mechanical Engineering / Structural Engineering (other relevant disciplines will be considered)
- Sound knowledge in the filed of structural analysis (transient, fatigue, vibration, non-linear analysis), material properties (plastic & metals), and injection moulding processes.
- Demonstrable experience of problem ownership, identification & resolution.
- A sound understanding of experimental and validation test methods and processes.
- Good working knowledge of any coding language (Matlab & Python is preferable).
- Experience in FEA in a product development environment.
- Able to independently conduct failure analysis and provide solid conclusion.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate technical details in an appropriate, concise and accurate manner in written and verbal format.
- Display and encourage excellent team working skills in cross functional teams.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with high levels of initiative and self motivation.
- Able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of teams and projects in an often high-pressure & competitive environment.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.